• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Charging shipping when weight is 0

jnillaw

I have a few problems that I am trying to resolve. One is that I am using my store for people to register for a class that is in my physical store so there will not be any shipping. The weight is set to 0 in the catalog yet it is trying to charge the customer shipping for a 1 lb item.

the second problem is that I still don't get any emails when someone goes to the contact form. This is a real concern as I may have had inquiries that aren't being answered.

I am really new to this and not a programmer so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Janice,

1) Check the admin area under configuration>> packaging/shipping to ensure the TARE is set to zero. If you are using a live shipping module (USPS, UPS, FEDEX) they may have a minimum weight enabled.

2) Check your admin area under configuration>> email to ensure you have sendmail active.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I have the email already set to sendmail also I used to have it on the SMTP but that didn't work either. My server is running on windows "Servers running on Windows and MacOS should change this setting to SMTP" so wondering about SMTP even though it didn't work when I had it set that way before. I did have the tare set to 1 so that problem is probably fixed now. Any other ideas on the email?

Archived