• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Module per province and weight

Halls

Hi,

We need to change the current shipping module “zones.php” it currently shows to the country and we need it to show to the State/Province tables data. The “Zone 1 Countries” in the admin panel it should have 4 groups for our Provinces:

I want to use the “Products Weight” in the Catalog/Products/ to determine delivery rate for example, so "product1" will have a weight of 1 in its product description, and ‘n shipping price of 4.00.

Example:

Zone 1 Countries (Change to Province)

Comma separated list of two character ISO country (Need to change to Province) codes that are part of Zone 1.

Zone 1 Shipping Table

Shipping rates to Zone 1 destinations based on a group of maximum order weights. Example: 1:4.00,2:3.00,3:40.00,4:30.00 Weights equal to 1 would cost 4.00, Weight equal to 2 would cost 3.00 etc for Zone 1 destinations.

Are there any modules out there that does something similar, or how to edit the current zones.php.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Try going to add-ons and searching for

delivery by area

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We need to change the current shipping module “zones.php” it currently shows to the country and we need it to show to the State/Province tables data. The “Zone 1 Countries” in the admin panel it should have 4 groups for our Provinces:

I want to use the “Products Weight” in the Catalog/Products/ to determine delivery rate for example, so "product1" will have a weight of 1 in its product description, and ‘n shipping price of 4.00.

Example:

Zone 1 Countries (Change to Province)

Comma separated list of two character ISO country (Need to change to Province) codes that are part of Zone 1.

Zone 1 Shipping Table

Shipping rates to Zone 1 destinations based on a group of maximum order weights. Example: 1:4.00,2:3.00,3:40.00,4:30.00 Weights equal to 1 would cost 4.00, Weight equal to 2 would cost 3.00 etc for Zone 1 destinations.

Are there any modules out there that does something similar, or how to edit the current zones.php.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hi Theo

How did you get on? I am doing something similar right now. You edit the zones module to have 4 zones. Then when you install the module, you will see four zone entry methods. Enter your provinces per zone and the weight to price ratios.

Ian