• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] PDF Datasheet

kymation

Thank you Jim for your answer.

With large images the error messages disappear.

But created pdf is completely without description text - only header, footer and picture are shown.

What shall I do that the product description will show properly?

Thanks a lot for you help,

Andrej

There is only one solution to this: You must upload a suitable large image for that product. Please read the User's Manual section on images.

Regards

Jim

I have following modules installed:

Description

Fonts

Header

Initialize

Product Page Link

Title

Please see the attachment.

Best regards,

Andrej

Do you have a module installed that shows the description? I can't do much without knowing which modules you have installed.

Regards

Jim

post-310084-0-92716900-1347260281_thumb.jpg

It seems that the problem is in fonts.

If in description I use some special letters from Slovenian or Croatian alphabet, then the description in pdf datasheet is empty.

(I use oSc contribution for Slovenian language which comes with the win 1250 coding table.)

How shall I fix this?

Regards,

Andrej

That should work. Try this with a description that does not have any HTML tags in it. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what's wrong.

Regards

Jim

osCommerce 2.3x uses UTF-8 encoding. This Addon uses UTF-8 encoding. Using anything else in a language pack is a recipe for disaster. Find a language pack that is encoded in UTF-8 or translate the language yourself.

Regrds

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you Jim for your answers and advice.

Unfortunately I must uninstall PDF Datasheet :(

Best wishes,

Andrej

osCommerce 2.3x uses UTF-8 encoding. This Addon uses UTF-8 encoding. Using anything else in a language pack is a recipe for disaster. Find a language pack that is encoded in UTF-8 or translate the language yourself.

Regrds

Jim

That will not fix your problem. Let me say this one more time: osCommerce 2.3x uses UTF-8 encoding. Continuing to use a language encoded any other way will cause you major problems.

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim for your well intended advice. But such a big change is beyond my abilities and time.

The author of Slovenian language contribution for oSc 2.3.1 says that "because of the problems with special characters it comes with the win-1250 coding table. I am sure UTF-8 would be better, but that should be made by some expert.

I already installed many contributions and so far my web page is working quite nicely.

What are the major problems I should expect with windows-1250 table?

Best regards,

Andrej

That will not fix your problem. Let me say this one more time: osCommerce 2.3x uses UTF-8 encoding. Continuing to use a language encoded any other way will cause you major problems.

Regards

Jim

Your language file is win-1250, so that's telling your customer's browser to render everything as win-1250. Your database is UTF-8, and rendering that data as win-1250 will cause errors.You could change the encoding on the database as well, but that's as much work as changing the language file, if not more. And that would require all of your languages to be changed to win-1250 (if you use more than the one.)

Regards

Jim

I see.

Yes, I use more than one language - English, Croatian and Slovenian.

I installed a contribution "Browser Language Redirection for Multilanguage Stores" (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6879).

Does this contribution solve my encoding problem?

My web page is http://shop.astronumero.org - if you care to test it a little.

Best regards,

Andrej

Your language file is win-1250, so that's telling your customer's browser to render everything as win-1250. Your database is UTF-8, and rendering that data as win-1250 will cause errors.You could change the encoding on the database as well, but that's as much work as changing the language file, if not more. And that would require all of your languages to be changed to win-1250 (if you use more than the one.)

Regards

Jim

No. Nothing solves this problem except using a single encoding for all files. If you don't want to do a lot of unnecessary extra work, that means using UTF-8. There is no magic solution.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

I have read every known post concerning this addon trying to undertsand it and get it to work but found nothing like my issue. Installation went fine and I can configue it in admin fine. Problem is nothing appears anyplace. No way for anyone to even know it is there. Do you have suggestions?

Thanks

Tom

It sounds like you didn't make the changes to product_info.php, or you made a mistake in making those changes. A link to the PDF should appear on the Product Info page when you have done everything correctly.

Regards

Jim

OK Jim, thank you very much for your help!

Andrej

No. Nothing solves this problem except using a single encoding for all files. If you don't want to do a lot of unnecessary extra work, that means using UTF-8. There is no magic solution.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I really like this idea! Installed, and tried to click the link on the store front, and got these errors and hope you can help:

Notice: Undefined property: bm_link1::$mtsTemplateData in /home/lifeom5/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_link1.php on line 562

Notice: Undefined property: bm_link1::$mtsTemplateData in /home/lifeom5/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_link1.php on line 572

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/lifeom5/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_link1.php on line 572

Notice: Undefined property: bm_link1::$mtsTemplateData in /home/.../public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_link1.php on line 572

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.../public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_link1.php on line 572

Notice: Undefined index: pdf_datasheet.php in /home/.../public_html/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_canonical.php on line 65

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'describeproducts_description' at line 1

describeproducts_description

[TEP STOP]

Fatal error: Call to a member function store() on a non-object in /home/lifeom5/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 78

Thank you!

Hi

I installed this module, I followed all you kind suggestions, but now I have the next issue:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'describeproducts_description' at line 1

describeproducts_description

[TEP STOP]

What can I do to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by ssossi

Did you download Version 1.2.1 from this repository? That's a know working version. I doubt that your version of MySQL is that badly broken. It's far more likely the problem is on your end. What are you using to upload the files?

Regards

Jim