• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Text Field Attribute

winemaster

Hi, I would like to add an attribute that allows the user to enter in their own data when purchasing my product. The current osc that I have installed only lets me designate dropdowns. I am fairly new to osc and I found one addon that had this function in it i think, but it was very complicated and had many other functions that i do not need.

Does anyone know an easy way to add this attribute to my product attributes page. And I do not want to upgrade to OSCMax because I think converting my entire website is too difficult.

Thanks.

Yeah I tried installing Option Types 2 and I could not get it to work. I have a oscommerce 2.3.1 template that I bought so the code is not the same as in the add on files so it makes it a little more difficult. Also, I do not need the other options that come with the add on.

Is there a way to just add the text field attribute?

Phillip,

Sure, osCommerce is open source so you can modify it to suit your needs. Just create the field(s) in the products_options and customers_basket_attributes then create a new table for use with the new text field. Then modify the 18 files needed to include the field on purchases, invoices, packing slips, admin order area and shopping cart.

OR, you can use Option Types 2 as a basis to integrate it into v2.3.1

You may want to look at professional help if you are unable to adapt it to your website. Adding contributions to commercial templates is always more difficult.

Chris