• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Footer Content Modules for V2.3

tgely

Do not ever use Wordpad to edit code. It will corrupt the file, often beyond repair.

Notepad can be set to not wrap lines. I don't remember where the setting is; it's somewhere in the preferences.

Notepad++ is a much better editor anyway. I think you'll find it much easier to use.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I need a litle help. The button of the menu are not waorkin in superfish, but work in css.

Also they don't work other buttons in the header like language.

Can you help please?

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

I need to put the information pages module to the footer.

But when i did it, the the pages, are going, one after another to the same line. How can we put them , one below another one? Verticaly?

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

There should be 3 shorther blocks. Left-Center-Right

if you put the information pages into one of them the width align to the block.

You can modify the html code in information module if you put '<br />' after each links in includes/modules/header_footer_modules/hfc_information.php approx. 57-61 lines.

add to the lines this code:

'<br />' .

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 2 months later...

I have successfully installed add on. However I don't quite get how to set up the menu in the menu maker. How do I set up these values so that they appear on my page. I basically need a quick rundown or a link to a page that explains the proper way to build the menu in menu maker.

Group Class  * Required Linked file  * Required Link's parameter Displaying   Show    Hide Parent ID Menu elements sort order

@@csnipper123

What would you like to do? Give an example to me.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

I trying to just set up the categoy menu with this add-ons menu maker. I entered values into the menu maker and nothings showing up. When I activate the manufacturers option that shows up but nothing else. I am guessing I am not entering one or more of the values correctly. So I was asking a basic rundown of what each of the values do so I know how to set up categories and sub-categories.

Do you see the ul list under the menu table?

post-241134-0-30692400-1407385080_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry to trouble, first of all, really love this module as its exactly what i needed, so thank you very much. 1 question i had was , does this module come with a banner rotator to add in the header?

@@aftabn10

Yes it does. Banners can be installed into eader or footer.

Thanks Gergely, sorry for the silly question but what module allows me to install the banners, as im not too sure when i have looked at the available modules

Apologies should have mentioned that I have tried to look for Banner Cycle within the list of available modules to install and this doesnt show up and also just to clarify I have installed version 1.3.

Hi, sorry to repeat myself, but i love this contribution, does exactly what i needed. I had a quick question in regards to the menu module (part of hfc), is it possible to have different colours for the background for certain menu items. For example I have 5 menu items the first 3 i would like them to have a background of blue and the last 2 i would like them to have a background of magenta?

Apologies as not sure how i can do this, so any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The menu items can use css class. You can define the class names in menu admin and you can declare your special class in menu css file.

Thanks Gergely, managed to write the different classes and this works brilliantly!

Btw, just out of curiosity is it possible to have the banner cycle module to only show on certain pages. For example I have added 4 rotating banners to my header, but i would like to show this on the homepage. For all my other pages I would like to have this switched off, is this possible?

Btw, thanks once again for all your help.

@@aftabn10

Yes its possible. BTW you should use the frontpage module instead.

@@aftabn10

There is no standard way, because the page logic is different when building "front page" and template manipulation in header or footer. The footer can follow front page logic against the header which overtakes the request process.

So the header "front page" is very difficult. You can examine the URL to find out is it front or not, but some outside link example google or other weblist trow after some non-relevant get parameters.

Than you should use a built-in parameter array to compaire the request to find out is it front page or not.

Finaly I didnt figure out this because front page can handle better this problem. Only one disadvantage exist that the header can not use for it.

Oscommerce core use built-in hard coded template system which is not the best for doing magic. The next generation of v2 and v3 cores will be better.

I suggest index.html as an entry static main page for you.

@@Gergely  Don't do that. The customer can lose session -- and the contents of their cart -- if they go to that HTML page while shopping. Keep all of the pages inside osCommerce to prevent this.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 months later...

Hi Gergely,

Again hashar, Actually Your mod is working fine, but the currencies listed in the row like USD EUR CNY on header right instead of showing it in drop down lists. Can you help me that how to resolve this issue. Here i enclosed the snap of a currency lists that how its showing in my header

post-330992-0-68541500-1423141088_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I have installed the current version of Header Footer content modules on top of clean install of V2.3.4. Showing up below error when I get into Header Footer content module in admin area...

INFO:
 Undefined variable: mInfo 
At /admin/modules.php:259 
   errhandler(
integer: "8" , string: "Undefined variable: mInfo" , string: "/"/xxx/xx/xxx/admin/modules.php" , integer: "259" , array of size 67: Array • ( • [_GET] => Array • ( • [set] => header_footer_contents • ) • • [_POST] => Array • ( • ) • • [_COOKIE] => Array • ( • [osCAdminID] => 6c20kdvltuh30au3frvhb62fq2 • [osCsid] => af80bded0cb1dc0395fd9d322e6eedcc • ) • • [_FILES] => Array • ( • ) • • [_SERVER] => Array • ( • [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/rmandiga/public_html • [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1 • [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8 • [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip, deflate, sdch • [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.8 • [HTTP_CONNECTION] => keep-alive • [HTTP_COOKIE] => osCAdminID=6c20kdvltuh30au3frvhb62fq2; osCsid=af80bded0cb1dc0395fd9d322e6eedcc • [HTTP_HOST] => www.crickworld4u.com • [HTTP_REFERER] => http://www.crickworld4u.com/Crickadmin/modules.php?set=header_footer_contents&list=new&module=hfc_currencies • [HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS] => 1 • [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36 • [PATH] => /bin:/usr/bin • [QUERY_STRING] => set=header_footer_contents • [REDIRECT_STATUS] => 200 • [REMOTE_ADDR] => 23.113.221.123 • [REMOTE_PORT] => 51361 • [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET • [REQUEST_URI] => /admin... ... ...)

INFO:
 Trying to get property of non-object 
At /admin/modules.php:259 
   errhandler(
integer: "8" , string: "Trying to get property of non-object" , string: "/"/xxx/xx/xxx/admin/modules.php" , integer: "259" , array of size 67: Array • ( • [_GET] => Array • ( • [set] => header_footer_contents • ) • • [_POST] => Array • ( • ) • • [_COOKIE] => Array • ( • [osCAdminID] => 6c20kdvltuh30au3frvhb62fq2 • [osCsid] => af80bded0cb1dc0395fd9d322e6eedcc • ) • • [_FILES] => Array • ( • ) • • [_SERVER] => Array • ( • [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/rmandiga/public_html • [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1 • [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8 • [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip, deflate, sdch • [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.8 • [HTTP_CONNECTION] => keep-alive • [HTTP_COOKIE] => osCAdminID=6c20kdvltuh30au3frvhb62fq2; osCsid=af80bded0cb1dc0395fd9d322e6eedcc • [HTTP_HOST] => www.crickworld4u.com • [HTTP_REFERER] => http://www.crickworld4u.com/Crickadmin/modules.php?set=header_footer_contents&list=new&module=hfc_currencies • [HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS] => 1 • [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36 • [PATH] => /bin:/usr/bin • [QUERY_STRING] => set=header_footer_contents • [REDIRECT_STATUS] => 200 • [REMOTE_ADDR] => 23.113.221.123 • [REMOTE_PORT] => 51361 • [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET • [REQUEST_URI] => /admin... ... ...)

INFO:
 Undefined variable: mInfo 
At /admin/modules.php:261 
   errhandler(
integer: "8" , string: "Undefined variable: mInfo" , string: "/xxx/xx/xxx/admin/modules.php" , integer: "261" , array of size 67: Array • ( • [_GET] => Array • ( • [set] => header_footer_contents • ) • • [_POST] => Array • ( • ) • • [_COOKIE] => Array • ( • [osCAdminID] => 6c20kdvltuh30au3frvhb62fq2 • [osCsid] => af80bded0cb1dc0395fd9d322e6eedcc • ) • • [_FILES] => Array • ( • ) • • [_SERVER] => Array • ( • [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/rmandiga/public_html • [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1 • [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8 • [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip, deflate, sdch • [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.8 • [HTTP_CONNECTION] => keep-alive • [HTTP_COOKIE] => osCAdminID=6c20kdvltuh30au3frvhb62fq2; osCsid=af80bded0cb1dc0395fd9d322e6eedcc • [HTTP_HOST] => www.crickworld4u.com • [HTTP_REFERER] => http://www.crickworld4u.com/Crickadmin/modules.php?set=header_footer_contents&list=new&module=hfc_currencies • [HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS] => 1 • [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36 • [PATH] => /bin:/usr/bin • [QUERY_STRING] => set=header_footer_contents • [REDIRECT_STATUS] => 200 • [REMOTE_ADDR] => 23.113.221.123 • [REMOTE_PORT] => 51361 • [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET • [REQUEST_URI] => /admin
... ... ...)

INFO:
 Trying to get property of non-object 
At /admin/modules.php:261 
   errhandler(
integer: "8" , string: "Trying to get property of non-object" , string: "/xxx/xx/xxx/admin/modules.php" , integer: "261" , array of size 67: Array • ( • [_GET] => Array • ( • [set] => header_footer_contents • ) • • [_POST] => Array • ( • ) • • [_COOKIE] => Array • ( • [osCAdminID] => 6c20kdvltuh30au3frvhb62fq2 • [osCsid] => af80bded0cb1dc0395fd9d322e6eedcc • ) • • [_FILES] => Array • ( • ) • • [_SERVER] => Array • ( • [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/rmandiga/public_html • [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1 • [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8 • [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip, deflate, sdch • [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.8 • [HTTP_CONNECTION] => keep-alive • [HTTP_COOKIE] => osCAdminID=6c20kdvltuh30au3frvhb62fq2; osCsid=af80bded0cb1dc0395fd9d322e6eedcc • [HTTP_HOST] => www.crickworld4u.com • [HTTP_REFERER] => http://www.crickworld4u.com/Crickadmin/modules.php?set=header_footer_contents&list=new&module=hfc_currencies • [HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS] => 1 • [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36 • [PATH] => /bin:/usr/bin • [QUERY_STRING] => set=header_footer_contents • [REDIRECT_STATUS] => 200 • [REMOTE_ADDR] => 23.113.221.123 • [REMOTE_PORT] => 51361 • [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET • [REQUEST_URI] => /admin... ... ...)

Modules Sort Order Action  Module Directory: /xxx/xxxxxxx/xxxx/includes/modules/header_footer_contents/

Admin area is giving the below errors when try to install module. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS) in /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_information.php on line 1

Please help..

RM