• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Footer Content Modules for V2.3

tgely

Thanks for your reply, Gergely!

Yes, I do have that one. I believe it's the one that has added the following to my admin section (+ "extends" and "example" boxes):

What else am I missing?

I don't seem to be able to do anything with this particular addon.

Thanks again for your help!

Look at bm_categories.php

Regards,

Gergely

I copied the query from bm_categories.php

But in bm_Categories.php i find this:

function getData() {
  global $categories_string, $tree, $languages_id, $cPath, $cPath_array;
  $categories_string = '';

So i guess I need to implement the getData -> $languages_id into hfc_menu.php.

I will try.. :)

The other thing I don't remember doing is running a SQL query. Was I supposed to for any of the addons? Was that supposed to happen automatically? Thanks again!

I want to put an image in my header background and the module doesn't understand it to control the grid and put the modules.

Tje code that i have put to stylesheet is

#

header {

height: 240px;

background-image: url('images/header_bg.jpg');

background-repeat:no-repeat;

}

What can i do so the module understands the size of this image? Do i have to configure the grids?

Is the code for the image ok? Do i have to put something else also in another page?

Edited by apolyshow

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

I am facing this kind of problem. Wheni am installing the languages module at the right header and then go to install and another one to the same grid then the second goes to the same line. I want to put it down after and not right next to the first cause at he same line it goes outside of my borders. How can we put the language in the midle or in the right float?

Use sort order options for modules first. The second problem if it dosen't work. Then http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/tracker/issue-370-box-header-tags-modules-sort-order-bugfix-need/.

Finaly you have to edit module codes.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Thanks for your reply, Gergely!

Yes, I do have that one. I believe it's the one that has added the following to my admin section (+ "extends" and "example" boxes):

What else am I missing?

I don't seem to be able to do anything with this particular addon.

Thanks again for your help!

The normal steps:

1. Install main HFC module handler (Header Footer Contents Modules v1.11)

2. Test HFC modules

3. Install Admin Extends

4. Add extend boxes from contributions admin menu

5. Add menu module v1.2 (copy only)

6. Install menu from install.txt and upgrage.txt

7. Install menu module from header footer contents

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

The other thing I don't remember doing is running a SQL query. Was I supposed to for any of the addons? Was that supposed to happen automatically? Thanks again!

If developers use this module availabilty.

Thanks, Gergely!

The normal steps:

2. Test HFC modules

I INSTALLED: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8165

I HAVE THE 12/31 VERSION. I WAS NOT ABLE TO TEST BECAUSE I COULD NOT SEE A WAY TO ACTUALLY ACTIVATE MODULES! ALL CHMOD PERMISSIONS ARE SET TO 755. BECAUSE I COULDN'T DO IT, I WENT BACK AND STARTED TRYING TO FIND THE PRE-REQS

(btw, I'm not shouting... just a quick way of responding to you without the quoting feature) :-)

What else could be wrong? I did go back and compare what I had with the newest I could find marked as "full package" (v1.2). Are you telling me I should use the v1.11, instead?

THANKS!

3. Install Admin Extends

DONE

I THINK I GOT THIS TOO.

Thanks, Gergely!

The normal steps:

2. Test HFC modules

I INSTALLED: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8165

I HAVE THE 12/31 VERSION. I WAS NOT ABLE TO TEST BECAUSE I COULD NOT SEE A WAY TO ACTUALLY ACTIVATE MODULES! ALL CHMOD PERMISSIONS ARE SET TO 755. BECAUSE I COULDN'T DO IT, I WENT BACK AND STARTED TRYING TO FIND THE PRE-REQS

(btw, I'm not shouting... just a quick way of responding to you without the quoting feature) whistling.gif)

What else could be wrong? I did go back and compare what I had with the newest I could find marked as "full package" (v1.2). Are you telling me I should use the v1.11, instead?

THANKS!

3. Install Admin Extends

DONE

I THINK I GOT THIS TOO.

Install http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8165 Header Footer Content Modules v1.2 first. The simple menu v1.2 module is only one module of HFC modules.

Regards,

Gergely

Edited by Gergely

What else could be wrong?

Wrong admin path.

Hi Gergely,

Thank you so much for the contribution!

However, I get the following message when trying to install the moudle from admin -> Moudles

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in myshop/includes/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_information.php on line 1

I have copied the all package number of times, with no luck.

any Ideas?

Hi Gergely,

Thank you so much for the contribution!

However, I get the following message when trying to install the moudle from admin -> Moudles

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in myshop/includes/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_information.php on line 1

I have copied the all package number of times, with no luck.

any Ideas?

Hi,

php module maybe contains "space" after the php close tag "?>". Which hfc modules and version did you copy?

Regards,

Gergely

You will never have a chance to install this modules if you have put an image at background because it can understand this module and he is damaging the templatE. I am trying for a month and nothing ...Waste of time...

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

Andreas, I just installed it and it's great!!!!! If you have a template, you may want to look at the code carefully.

Thank you for a great contribution, Gergely! I'm going to try to the simple menu, next...

Me again. I believe I have installed everything I need and it all looks great. BUT I can't manage to get the "menu maker" to show in my admin box. I have "Admin Extends Info" and "Box Row 2" and both are just text with no options. This is for the HFC Menu 1.2. What did I miss? Thanks!

Hi

This is a great module and it works on my site very well apart from the menu maker. I have created a menu with sub categories. But the drop down only works on the first menu item and although the other menu items have subcategories they wont show up? You can see here.

The menu items that have subcategories are power kites, mountain boards, kitesurfing but only power kites menu item will show the drop down and the others wont. Do you have any ideas?

Me again. I believe I have installed everything I need and it all looks great. BUT I can't manage to get the "menu maker" to show in my admin box. I have "Admin Extends Info" and "Box Row 2" and both are just text with no options. This is for the HFC Menu 1.2. What did I miss? Thanks!

type at admin site browser line http://myshopadmin/extends_menu_maker.php. Does it work?

Hi

This is a great module and it works on my site very well apart from the menu maker. I have created a menu with sub categories. But the drop down only works on the first menu item and although the other menu items have subcategories they wont show up? You can see here.

The menu items that have subcategories are power kites, mountain boards, kitesurfing but only power kites menu item will show the drop down and the others wont. Do you have any ideas?

Hi fenerbace,

Could you copy here the menu tree from admin menu maker page?

like this:

Regards,

Gergely

Thanks, Gergely!

I get this error:

1146 - Table 'audioseastories.table_menu' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_MENU x left join TABLE_MENU_TEXT y on x.menu_id = y.menu_id where y.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

This is under the title "Shop Menu Elements".

Everything else worked, so I know that the file that generated the tables for the rest of the addon worked fine. I think you had mentioned in another post that there was no need to change the DB manually.

As always, I really appreciate your help!

Verónica

Hi fenerbace,

Could you copy here the menu tree from admin menu maker page?

like this:

Regards,

Gergely

Hi, Thank you for your quick reply. I tried to attach the screen shot of the menu maker but it didnt work. I have the following structure on my menu maker in admin panel:

• Power Kites
    • Flexifoil Kites
    • HQ Power Kites
    • Peter Lynn Power Kites
    • Gin Power Kites

[*]Mountainboards

• MBS Mountainboards
    • Scrub Mountainboards
    • Flexifoil Mountainboards
    • Radsail Mountainboards

[*]Kite Buggies

[*]Longboards

[*]Kitesurfing

• Flexifoil Kitesurfing Kites
    • Flexifoil Kiteboards
    • Flysurfer Kitesurfing Kites
    • Flysurfer Kiteboards

[*]Power Kite Lesson

PS: I have unliked the menu items above so it does not look like i am spamming the forums. You can also see the menu system in footer.

Edited by fenerbahce

Hi Verónica,

What do you see at menu hfc module options? The last one is extends_menu_maker.php file name declaration. Do you see that one?

Module Version Number

Version number of installed module

v1.2

Enable Menu Module

Do you want to add the module to your shop?

True

False

Content Placement

Should the module be loaded in the left or right column?

Left Header

Center Header

Right Header

Header Line

Left Footer

Center Footer

Right Footer

Footer Line

Add manufacturers into last menu element

Do you want to add manufacturers to your last menu element?

True

False

Sort Order

Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.

Menu maker menu text table

Set Menu Text Data Table. Do not edit!

menu_text

Menu maker menu table

Set Menu Data Table. Do not edit!

menu

Select menu core

Witch Menu core do you select?

Superfish

Superfish navbar

CSS

Menu maker

Set Menu Maker filename. Do not edit!

extends_menu_maker.php

I think you have some problem with configuration group table.

Hi fenerbache,

do you use cache system? Turn off if use or delete menu cache file.

Hi fenerbache,

do you use cache system? Turn off if use or delete menu cache file.

Hi Gergely,

I have turned off the cache system and the menu still does not work. When i was checking the cache settings it said file does not exist for Menu Module so I could not delete anything. Does that mean it never created the cache file?