• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Locked out of my own shop!

NewBudda

Hi,

since this morning I am locked out of my own shop! The password is very long, includes numbers and upper and lower case letters but apparently that wasn't enough. I can't login to my admin side.

What now? How do I get back into my store (I get orders to fill!) and what should I do afterwards??

I would really appreciate any help!

Open Source Newsletter: PhPList

Open Source Questionnaire: Lime Survey

simply empty the administrators table using phpmyadmin utility and the oscommerce will offer you to create the admin account.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 3 months later...

simply empty the administrators table using phpmyadmin utility and the oscommerce will offer you to create the admin account.

i deleted it

create new administrator and it still will not let me in

i get "Error: Invalid administrator login attempt."

when all else fails, delete and start over

Micheal

is this a template?

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

sigh...you should not empty admin table.

change password function, so you can bypass it. Now, without an admin account, you can't even do this.

so....create a new admin account using phpmyadmin, change password function, log in, set up a new admin, remove the old one; log in with the new one.

This process normally works

http://www.theukwaltons.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=51

Try it again as I never found a site where it does not work.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived