• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Request Feedback after order received - Like Yahoo Shopping

sabotage79

Does anyone know of a contribution that would allow the customer an option at checkout to receive 'Feedback Request', or allow them to write a review, or something like this?

I know there is one that will email the user if they sign up, but do not order. I want want that requests feedback of there experience, etc. soon after they the order has shipped, and they have received the product. (Aprox. 1-2 weeks later) Again, it would be 'optional' at checkout if they want to receive such an email or not.

Thanks!

Ryan

I'm thinking that this would be another canidate for a cron job. It runs every day, and looks for orders that have been updated to 'Shipped' three days ago, using a static file or DB table to keep track of what orders had been emailed for feedback.

This would be very similar to what I do with the Auto Feedback request.

Problem is, my current contribution isn't php4.3 compliant. I need to fix that before moving on to this, but I would be very interested in doing this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Ryan,

Actually, for some reason, my newsletter timed out while I was in the process of sending them. The first time, it only got about 1/4 way through, the second time, it got 1/2 and the third time about 3/4.

It has nothing to do with this module. sorry for the multiple newsletters.

I'm looking at using an external email program instead of the OSC newsletter module. I'm not sure whay it would time out. My subscription list is big, but not that big.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

hey wizards someone on my hosts forums posted this newletter/mailing list manager today... its PHP/MySQL... seems to look pretty decent on the surface, but I haven't had time to play with it:

http://mailgust.phpoutsourcing.com/

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke