• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Plenty of changes since I last asked....

Hi everyone,

Once again I am after your valuable opinions as to my website ( www.cobratoys.com.au ), I have made a lot of changes (most not visible tot he user) since I last asked. I have added quite a few add-ons over the last couple of months so now I think it is time to ask :

Can you please review my site and let me know what you think ?

As always I appreciate your help.

Hi Brad,

Here are my thoughts:

The header is rather large and looks empty with just the store logo up there.

The store logo doesn't seem to match the design of the shop.

The background that I'm guessing each <td> gets doesn't seem to match the shop very well (extremely obvious on login.php). It doesn't match and makes the page feel choppy.

The cart, bestsellers, reviews, etc in the footer area seems like an odd place to have all of those things. I would put the cart info box in the header or somewhere easier for the customer to see.

The site has a very amateur feel to it and I probably wouldn't feel comfortable shopping on it. If you are like me, design isn't your strong point and you do just fine adding mods. There are several people on these forums that could help with the design of the shop (for a minimal cost) and I think with that help your shop could really take off. You have to think of it as an investment though so spending 200 or 300 dollars on the design will pay for itself in no time if people start shopping on your site.

Matt

I agree with Matt on all parts here. You really need a design makeover. You have a great product line, and you have the right idea in promoting your brands, but the template takes away from the product line. It is not a nice theme at all, very 90's.

Much of what you have on bottom should move to the top so that is can be seen at a glance. And then some of what you have at bottom just needs to go away.

Ask yourself - Would this influence me as a customer to purchase, or does it only satisfy me as being able to build it into my site?

Look at the top competing toy store web sites, they are built after spending a fortune in marketing research and customer analysis. What they have works not just because they are well known already - but because they focus on buyers.

Thanks to you both for your feedback, I really apreciate it.

Matt, the background that you refer to, do you mean the black one? Yes I admit design is not my specialty and I am quite prepared to pay someone for help as you are right it is an investment and in the end well worth it. I am thinking of migrating to v2.3.1 so I guess now would be a good time to do this.

Lance, What do you think needs to disappear fromt he bottom, I was thinking the lateste news thing probably doesnt need to be there, I dont think it really adds anything to the site.

thanks again for your help

Hi Brad,

Yes I meant the black one. The box in the footer could have best sellers or something but right now it has way too many things in it. The cart especially should be at the top of the page because I doubt someone would like to have to scroll down to see what they have in it. Try to design with ease of use in mind for the customer.

Matt

Archived