• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wrong letters on buttons at code utf8

Matjaz

I am setting up new store on osc 2.3.1. I have problems with letters of Slovene alphabet on buttons (ADD TO CART ect.).

When I let languages/slovenscina.php in

// charset for web pages and emails define ('CHARSET', 'utf8');

Slovene letters normally appear in products descriptions, it all works very well. But on buttons Slovene letters do not appear properly.

When I change code with

// charset for web pages and emails define ('CHARSET', 'windows-1250');

things change. Then Slovene letters do show on buttons but not in texts, in product descriptions.

Can my problem be solved?

Other setings in this php file I have:

// look in your $PATH_LOCALE/locale directory for available locales

// or type locale -a on the server.

// Examples:

// on RedHat try 'en_US'

// on FreeBSD try 'en_US.ISO_8859-1'

// on Windows try 'sl', or 'slovenscina'

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'sl_SI.utf8');

It sounds like your language file (with the button labels) is not in UTF-8, but Windows-1250 encoding. For English stores, the "Add to Cart" button (IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) is in includes/languages/english.php -- look for the equivalent Slovenian file (slovenscina.php?). You may need to find the correct "-utf8" version, or save it in UTF-8 encoding. My guess is that you or someone else working on the file saved it in the wrong encoding.

Thank you for your answer. Problem is solved. Whatever I tried in codes Slovene letters did not appear properly.

I solved situation in the way that when translating I have to languages/…php file change in notepad++ separately in UTF-8 without BOM. Just saving translated files directly on server it is not enough.

Best regards,