• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

google base feed wth google product category?

Oza

Google have added a new required high-level attribute called [google product category] that contains the category of the item in Google’s taxonomy (currently only required for a select number of categories). This is in addition to the current [product type] attribute.

Do you know any good googlebase feed script that would do this as well?

That option is in the next version of the googlefeeder addon I support - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513. I hope to get it uploaded this week.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

For a "flexible" solution which among other can be used to add "google product category", have a look at the combo of these 2 add-ons:

Extra Product Fields 1.0

+

Google Product Feed utility

Yes, along with a number of other changes.

Unfortunately...

They also want the shipping done

how would you modify the googlebase.php file to get the default value for the shipping for items under lets say £49.99 and free shipping for products over £50 ???

Unfortunately...

They also want the shipping done

how would you modify the googlebase.php file to get the default value for the shipping for items under lets say £49.99 and free shipping for products over £50 ???

There's no easy way, that I can think of, to account for all of the shipping possibilites. You can try using the shipping setting in your googlebase account along with the setting in the file but I'm not sure that would cover it. The only options I can think of is to add code to read in the shipping modules and use those to get an actual value or add a field for shipping to each product. The latter would require too much maintenance for some shops though. in either case, that is not part of the contribution at this point.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

What about the code that would just pick up the product price, if the price is less then 50 then shipping is 4.99, if its over 50 its FREE... ? Would this be difficult?

It would be less difficult.but you can do that in your google base account settings. Just setup the various shipping methods and choose the option that lets you set the shipping by price.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It would be less difficult.but you can do that in your google base account settings. Just setup the various shipping methods and choose the option that lets you set the shipping by price.

Oh I didn't realize, this is definitely helping !!!thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot!!!!

Edited by Oza

• 4 months later...

Hi, i don't know if i've missed something but when I check my merchant centre product feed, the products shown seem to use the product title for 'brand:' - is this correct or should it be taking the information from the manufacturer?

Thanks

Tony

It depends on the setting in the googlefeeder file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...