• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Enquiry spelled wrong in contact us should be Inquiry

jnillaw

Not sure how to change the code in the contact us page as Inquiry is spelled wrong and seems to be spelled that way thoughout the whole page. Is there someway to at least change what is displayed to the customer. Any help would be appreciated

Change the catalog/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php page according to what you feel is correct:

<?php
/*
 $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Contact Us');
define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Contact Us');
define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your enquiry has been successfully sent to the Store Owner.');
define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Enquiry from ' . STORE_NAME);

define('ENTRY_NAME', 'Full Name:');
define('ENTRY_EMAIL', 'E-Mail Address:');
define('ENTRY_ENQUIRY', 'Enquiry:');

define('ERROR_ACTION_RECORDER', 'Error: An enquiry has already been sent. Please try again in %s minutes.');
?>

It's not "incorrect", it's "British spelling". If it was written "inquiry", our cousins across the pond would be complaining... There is probably other text around using British spelling or phrases -- change them the same way.

I think that would be upsetting to the custodians of the Mother Tongue. I can see the torches being lit clear across the ocean whistling.gif As osC is European in origin, I will concede them the right to use British spelling, and modify it here for 'merkin. We are on the same side, right? The Late Unpleasantness is now almost two centuries in the past.

• 1 month later...

I have a client who wanted this change and I made it, thank you. Now they are upset because the email they receive from the form still says Enquiry... where do you change this in the email sent to store owner?

I know, what difference does it make.... I have a webzilla on my hands.

Archived