• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lost access to my Control Panel - Can't log in

PGelsman

When it rains it pours. I seem to have lost access to my control panel and I can't log into the admin of my site. What files store the passwords and where do I find them.

Thank you.

PGelsman

Paul,

The database stores your username and password and it is encrypted so it can't be read.

I suggest you truncate the administrators table using phpmyadmin in the hosting control panel. Once that is done, log into your admin panel again........you will be notified that there is no default administrator account and you need to create a new one. Create a new one and then log into the admin area.

Chris

Paul,

Log into Godaddy, under hosting control panel and Click the Database Tab. That will open your database area, use the 'manage database' link and log into phpmyadmin. Locate the administrators table and click the garbage can icon (truncate)...NOT THE X icon (delete)......this will remove all administrators.

Then go back to your website admin URL and you will see the warning that there is no default administrator. Create a new administrator and sign in as you would normally using the new username and password you just created.

As a suggestion, I would look at the access logs and site monitor to determine if the site has been compromised. The series of recent events you are encountering could be related to hacker activity or hosting account changes......which Godaddy said was not them (cough cough)

Chris

Alright, I got that done and made new names. Now I have another problem. I need to restore the DB from yesterday's backup. How do I do that? When I do it in the control panel, I get an error something about out of memory or some thing like that.

Paul,

Because of the size of your database, neither the store admin restore nor the Godaddy phpmyadmin database restore area will be able to handle the database. It will time out on the Godaddy site and will give you an out of memory on the store admin area.

You will need to use a script like BIG DUMP to restore your database.

Chris

Archived