• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Voucher Redemption Problem...

I'm using Ian's loaded from Feb. 17th. Everything seems to be working well, except I'm having issues with redeeming Gift Vouchers.

My problem is that when I send a Gift Voucher, the email is sent, but when someone clicks onto the Redeem GV page, and then tries to sign up for a new account, often (sometimes it works but I can't put my finger on when) it just takes someone back to the home page. It's very frustrating :?. And for a new user, it's utterly confusing.

Redeeming at time of checkout works fine, and I may end up changing the directions and the email and tell people just to enter their code at checkout - but I don't want to resort to that.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does anyone have any thought on what is going on here?

By the way, the site is NOT live so if you want to sign up for an account to test it out, feel free. As of March 17th 2003, items will not be sent, orders will not be filled, credit cards will not be charged. I'm hoping the site can go live in about two more weeks.

The site is:

http://www.wowandzen.com/index.php

Thanks.

Mark

Try disabling the sid_killer. The easiest way to do this, is find the sid_killer code in application_top.php (it's fairly well marked.) After the last line of the sid_killer code add

$kill_sid = false;

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

I have more testing ahead, but it seems to work now.

So I assume this means I need to keep the SID Killer off to use my gift vouchers. That doesn't make me happy. :cry: Is this normal? Is there a work around? Is this something specific to the Loaded Snapshot?

Thanks for the input.

By the way, that live in two weeks goal will not happen. Feel free to make fake orders to test it out if you wish. You'll see "Orders will not be deivered nor charged." on the top of the page as long as it's not live.

No. it's my sid killer code that is at fault. I have no plans to debug/fix the sid killer code.

You may want to install Burts sid killer mod. It's easy to install and because it is less 'generic' doesn't have the problems associated with my sid killer mod.

I'm surprised I haven't read about this. But maybe I was just searching for the wrong posts.

Should I try to uninstall the existing Killer SID code, or just leave it as false and then install the other one on top of it?

I actually just sent someone a GV to another computer, and it still doesn't work. :( If the SID Killer is a problem, it's not the only problem for me.

No. These were POP3 accounts.

What's wierd is that I can create fake email addresses and it works just fine in my home office computer, but on other computers it doesn't work. But even that, I've tested on different OSs, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But I don't think I ever used a web based email address to test it out.

Mark,

Pls email me at [email protected]. I'd like you to test the new GV v5.0. This uses a completely new method of redeeming vouchers. The GV code is working well, I just have one or two issues with Discount Coupons before the code is finished.