• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Banner Box for 2.3

kymation

Anyone could help me? Thanks a lot.

The banner is not displayed on my web shop skytechking.com. i have chosen the banner group"480x50", but it still doesn't show, it shows in the bottom.

I restore the original file footer.php, the banner area goes blank, it still shows in the bottom.

then i installed the banner box, installed under module/box successfully. but the banner still show in the bottom.

i edit footer.php

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<br>

to

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'banners')) {

?>

<br>

the banner still doesn't show correctly.

My footer.php code is

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

//require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<div class="grid_24" style="text-align: center; padding-bottom: 20px;">

<?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?>

</div>

<?php

}

?>

<script type="text/javascript">

$('.productListTable tr:nth-child(even)').addClass('alt');

</script>

Any one could help me? or tell me how to make the banner show. Thanks very much.

Juby

This has nothing to do with the Banner Box addon, and you've already posted the same question in another thread. I suggest that you stop breaking the forum rules if you want to get help here.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

This has nothing to do with the Banner Box addon, and you've already posted the same question in another thread. I suggest that you stop breaking the forum rules if you want to get help here.

Regards

Jim

So sorrry, i just hope someone could help me.

I have delete the banner box addon, what should i do for the banner display?

Hope you could help me.

I really appreciate all the help to me.

Juby

So sorrry, i just hope someone could help me.

I have delete the banner box addon, what should i do for the banner display?

Hope you could help me.

I really appreciate all the help to me.

Juby

Hi Jim, the banner displayed now, but i don't know why. just delete oscommerce banner 480x50, and upload my picture once again, save to index as before, it's ok now.

Thanks.

I don't know. The banner rotator was hacked into this box from a different addon. It's likely that the CSS for the navigation buttons is not correct for a column box. Use Firebug in Firefox to find the CSS for the navigation and adjust the spacing.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

@@kymation

Dear,

first off all, ty for all the great addons!

everything works, but if i wanna rotate the banners... this pops up

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's' and language_id = '1' and status = 1 ' at line 10

select banners_id, banners_url, banners_image, banners_html_text, status from banners where banners_group = 'crypto's' and language_id = '1' and status = 1 order by rand() limit 4

[TEP STOP]

Can you please help me further?

And can i, instal 2 of this addon banners?

1for the right and 1 for the footer?

Thx

Edited by mtyimport

It looks like you put an apostrophe in the Banner Group name. Don't do that.

The footer already has a banner in it. You can make it rotate by changing this code in includes/footer.php:

<?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?>

to this:

<?php echo tep_display_banner('dynamic', $banner); ?>

Regards

Jim

Okay, gonna look for to change that..

hmm in my foother there is only

For more information please read the osCommerce

Copyright Policy at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/about/copyright

This comment must be left intact together with the

copyright announcement.

*/

?>

osCommerce Online Merchant Copyright © 2010 <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a><br />

osCommerce provides no warranty and is redistributable under the <a href="http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl.txt" target="_blank">GNU General Public License</a>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif', '', '1', '5'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText">Powered by <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a></td>

</tr>

</table>

thx for helping!

http://www.mtyimport.com/

Edited by mtyimport

Your footer file has been modified. I suggest that you replace it with the same file from your download of osC 2.3.3.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Yea, that is fixt!

thx again for all the advice, only 1 thing i realy cant find...

its how to change the titles in the information box?

I found where to change the headers etc,

but cant find the line, or what file to change..so you see it on the homepage.

Instead of like, shipping&return.. i want How we ship.

Thx again

This is the support thread for the Banners Box addon, not a general help thread. Please post your questions in the appropriate forum.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Helo Jim,

My name is Mike and I would like to ask a few question, a simple one coz I'm very new on OSCommerce.

I've downloaded your add-on banner box from this link ( http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8144 ) , I've successfully set it up. My question is..

1) how to I add pictures such as credit card logos or any other pictures into this box? I've been searching for this answer but could not find it..

2) the image that I wanted to use, do I need to adjust the size of it?

Sorry for these questions Jim, very new to this commerce and hope you can help me out :( ...

thanks in advance! :)

Mike

1. Use HTML.

2. Yes. The image needs to physically fit in the box.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply..

That is what haunts me.. HTML.. not sure which part to fix. Do I have to upload the picture into the generic box through FTP?

thanks and much appreciated

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi, Jim: I've installed your Banner Box. Thank you very much for this great Add-on!

I have a quick question: Per your instructions, I've set the 'Title Link' to 'blank', because I do not want a link. However, if I click on the photo it creates a new page with this url: http://www.jewellsembroidery.com/shop/redirect.php?action=banner&goto=7

Is it supposed to do that? In the event that someone does click on the photo, I would like for it to do nothing if being clicked from 'Home' page ... or return to 'Home' page if clicked from other location within store. I've tried entering 'index.php', but it does the same thing as stated above. What can I do to make this correction?

Thank you very much,

Jewell

Edited by jeu4328

The title link is not the same thing as the banner link. The banner link, which is what you're seeing, is inserted by the Banner Manager. Go there and remove the link if you don't want one.

Regards

Jim

Your banner manager should have a field labeled Banner URL. If it doesn't, that's something that you have changed. Leave that field blank and there should not be a link.

Regards

Jim

No, there is nothing in that field.

I just now tried putting index.php in that field to accomplish what I would like, but it opens the 'Home' page in a separate page so I removed it.

Can you give suggestions as to how I can go about finding where the coding might be that needs to be changed?

Thank you,

Jewell

This is really odd. The static banner uses tep_display_banner() which is a stock osCommerce function. That seems to not work correctly, although it did at one time. The banner rotator seems to work correctly, so you could use that and just set the fade times to zero. I'll take a look at the osC function when I get a chance.

Regards

Jim

I changed the banner to 'rotate' and the fade time to 'zero'. It did stop the problem of having someone click on the picture and being sent to a new page. However, it also forced the picture to the left side of the box instead of being centered.

Should I go in and restore any particular files to the original 'out of the box' coding ... in the event that I may have changed something inadvertently? If so, what files would you suggest I focus on?

Thank you,

Jewell