• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Banner Box for 2.3

kymation

BUG:

I am using two languages: English and Norwegian.

After instaling this contribution I had an error:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_BOXES_BANNER_TITLE_NORWEGIAN in C:\wamp\www\includes\modules\boxes\bm_banner.php on line 42

To fix it I went to data base and changed "MODULE_BOXES_BANNER_TITLE_NORSK" to "MODULE_BOXES_BANNER_TITLE_NORWEGIAN"

BUG NR 2

I left "Title Link" empty, but it is sending me to emty page: .../redirect.php?action=banner&goto=16

1. This is a known bug. I need to upload a fix for this. Thanks for reminding me.

2. Title link only affects the title. You can still set a link for the banner in your Banner Manager.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I've uploaded a new package that fixes the language bug noted above. Thanks to everyone who brought this to my attention.

Regards

Jim

The same as any box -- Log into your Admin, then Click Modules, then Boxes. Click the install button, select the module, then click install again. This is all covered in the User's Manual BTW.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

Hi Jim,

I've installed your addon V1.1.1, it works perfect. There is only one little issue.

If I run the box with "Enable Banner Rotator Navigation" set to "False", images show up perfectly, That is "Content Alignment" works.

If I run the box with "Enable Banner Rotator Navigation" set to "True", images always show up on the left side of the box. "Content Alignment" isn't working.

The box itself aligns perfect on the site.

I've read the forum but couldn't really find the answer to this. I don't know it this is an existing bug or not.

Thanks for your time.

Gerhard

Addons installed on my website:

- Addons Installed

- Advanced Special Offer Discounts

- AJAX-Attribute Manager for osc 2.3.1

- Banner box v1.1.1

- Dutch Language Pack

- Extra Pages-info box with admin for OSC2.3

- German Language Pack

- Login Box

- Multi-language Support for Configuration

- Multiple products manager

- Order Editor

- OSC PDF Catalogue 2.1

- PDF-Datasheet

- product Field Groups

- Quickly Update Product Stock

- Unit of weight

- YAG (Yet another Guestbook)

That's probably a bug. The navigation feature uses #bannerNav, so you might try changing the stylesheet for that ID. You can also make the banners a bit wider (and change the stylesheet width to match) so they fill the whole box.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I've installed your addon V1.1.1, it works perfect. There is only one little issue.

If I run the box with "Enable Banner Rotator Navigation" set to "False", images show up perfectly, That is "Content Alignment" works.

If I run the box with "Enable Banner Rotator Navigation" set to "True", images always show up on the left side of the box. "Content Alignment" isn't working.

The box itself aligns perfect on the site.

I've read the forum but couldn't really find the answer to this. I don't know it this is an existing bug or not.

Thanks for your time.

Gerhard

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just saw that I made a little mistake. It's not the "Enable Banner Rotator Navigation" which is causing the trouble but the "Rotate Banners". If I let them rotate, the alignment doesn't work anymore.

I'm sorry for the mistake, I guess it was late yesterday. :blink: .

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gerhard

Addons installed on my website:

- Addons Installed

- Advanced Special Offer Discounts

- AJAX-Attribute Manager for osc 2.3.1

- Banner box v1.1.1

- Dutch Language Pack

- Extra Pages-info box with admin for OSC2.3

- German Language Pack

- Login Box

- Multi-language Support for Configuration

- Multiple products manager

- Order Editor

- OSC PDF Catalogue 2.1

- PDF-Datasheet

- product Field Groups

- Quickly Update Product Stock

- Unit of weight

- YAG (Yet another Guestbook)

That's nearly the same thing. The problem is that the rotator is not designed to be centered. I would just make the banners wide enough that it doesn't matter.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Normaly there is also a other way to explain what is wrong!! I changed now because I didnt't know that.

Specialy for JIM: It is the tone that makes the music.

So can I get now a answer or we are paliyng "Kindergarden"!!

You need to understand that all answers here are provided by volunteers, and we don't care for people who break the rules and then demand that we answer. If you continue with that bad attitude, you'll soon find that everyone will refuse to help you.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Has anyone found out a solution to get this to work for 2.3.3?

I installed it and configured it exactly as described but my banner does not get displayed.

The only that is displayed the banner title and english title.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

This addon works just fine in all of the 2.3x osCommerce releases. Did you set your banner group correctly?

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have this working in 2.3.3 but when I turn it on it flips my column so that the shopping cart is on the bottom and the banner on the top of the column. I would like my banner to be on the bottom. It does this to both columns even thought I only have the banner on one side. Could you please tell me what and whee to fix this please?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Hey all,

I have this working in 2.3.3 but when I turn it on it flips my column so that the shopping cart is on the bottom and the banner on the top of the column. I would like my banner to be on the bottom. It does this to both columns even thought I only have the banner on one side. Could you please tell me what and whee to fix this please?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Sorry, must have had a brain cramp. I fixed it in the sort order of course!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've installed without problems, but now I'm stuck. I don't know how to set it up...: (which banner-group attach graphics and some other stuffs).

I realized that some member refer to a User-Manual (that I'm sure it could help me out).

But I am not able to find it neither. Would be please, possible to have it / or to know where I can find it?

Thank you

OSC 2.3.1

Edited by antagraber

Correction: Click on the History tab in the Addon and download version 1.1.1. The latest one appears to be missing things.

Regards

Jim