• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Banner Box for 2.3

kymation

Thanks Jim, this worked perfectly for me. Small suggestion, put the box_module change under banner admin in your guide, it's the only thing I was missing.

SS

I may have spoken too soon...well no, the add on does what it is supposed to perfectly but...

When I click any product it goes to page not found

http://www.wildewoodpublishing.com/index.php?currency=EUR&cPath=26

I swear it was working before I did the banner box. The only other thing I've added was header tags mod.

Thank for anyone who might direct me to my fix

SS

The banner box shouldn't do that. If you are using the old Header Tags addon, that might have messed up the URLs, but I don't see that either. Check that /product_info.php still exists. If it does, back out your most recent changes.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi! Has anyone tried having more than one of these boxes? I imagine it will mean making a simple change, like the name of the file?, and have it be two modules. Does this sound right?

THANKS!

Hi Jim,

I finally got around to doing this. I tried with your banner box (why make things simple, right? ;-) ). When I am about to install the module, the edit button takes me to the banner box. What did I miss changing?

Thanks!

V

You had directions for how to duplicate the bm_information files. I used the bm_banner files but did not get the expected results.

On the admin side, even though it's an option for installing, the button is not there, just "edit" or "remove". If I choose "edit" I get the screen for the original banner box.

Hope this makes more sense!

Thanks a lot!

Verónica

You missed one or more of the essential changes. This has resulted in confusion between the two modules. You need ot uninstall the installed module, then find the change you missed and fixed it. I don know which change that is, since most of them will cause this problem.

Regards

JIm

• 2 months later...

what do i do wrong?after installing a module and setting the same group name in banner manager and module getting this: 1327 - Undeclared variable: MAX_DISPLAY_BANNER_ROTATOR

select banners_id, banners_url, banners_image, banners_html_text, status from banners where banners_group = 'box_module' and language_id = '3' and status = 1 order by BANNER_ORDER limit MAX_DISPLAY_BANNER_ROTATOR

[TEP STOP]

pleeaase, thanks in advance

MAX_DISPLAY_BANNER_ROTATOR is not used anywhere in the banner Box. Are you using the older version of the Banner Rotator? If so, you need to run the included SQL file to set those values.

Regards

Jim

i tried already 3x, using latest version 1.1. I get the same message above every time after adding few banners in banner manager under the same group and using the same name of group in module in "banners box group name". Can it not be because i using already banner rotator? or is it not limited by images size?

Thanx

Using the same group should not be a problem. The error that you are getting is for the old Banner Rotator. Have you run the rotator.sql code that is supplied with that Addon?

Regards

Jim

The SQL file is supplied with the old Banner Rotator Addon. You need to get it from there if you're using that addon. It's not needed by the Banner Box.

Regards

Jim

Let me repeat this: MAX_DISPLAY_BANNER_ROTATOR is not used anywhere in the Banner Box. Your error does not have anything to do with this Addon.

Regards

Jim