• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation-Step 2 "Copy Files"

ctlee15

Hello Group,

I posted this question earlier to a different forum but thought it might be more appropriate for this forum.

I was able to download the appropriate file and am in the process of installing the add-on (by the way, the Install Text file is great!). Could you please clarify one thing for me: Step 2 of the "Copy Files" section state:

"Step 2:

FTP all of the files and folders inside the New Files folder. Copy the directory structure that came with this archive, as it is."

The New_Files folder contains admin and includes files and a featured_products php file. I understand that I need to FTP these folders and files to the server. I do not understand when the directions state: "copy the directory structure that came with this archive, as it is." Could you please clarify that??

Best,

Christopher

Christopher,

It means, if the file in the download is in the /includes/ directory...........then you must upload that file to the /includes/ directory on your server.

So, upload the files contained in the download to the correct directories on your server.

Chris

Christopher,

It means, if the file in the download is in the /includes/ directory...........then you must upload that file to the /includes/ directory on your server.

So, upload the files contained in the download to the correct directories on your server.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help on this.

Best,

Christopher

Christopher,

Chris

Thank you again. Does it matter if the following lines are addedd to the beginning or end of the filenames.php file?

Manual Edits

Step 3:

Add the following lines to /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php:

// BOF: Featured Products

define('FILENAME_FEATURED', 'featured.php');

define('FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS', 'featured_products.php');

define('FILENAME_SELECT_FEATURED', 'select_featured.php');

Thanks in advance..

Best,

Christopher

Thank you again. Does it matter if the following lines are addedd to the beginning or end of the filenames.php file?

Manual Edits

Step 3:

Add the following lines to /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php:

// BOF: Featured Products

define('FILENAME_FEATURED', 'featured.php');

define('FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS', 'featured_products.php');

define('FILENAME_SELECT_FEATURED', 'select_featured.php');

Thanks in advance..

Best,

Christopher

It does not matter whether the lines are added to the beginning or end of the file HOWEVER, the convention is to add them to END of the file BEFORE the closing ?>

It does not matter whether the lines are added to the beginning or end of the file HOWEVER, the convention is to add them to END of the file BEFORE the closing ?>

Thank you for the feedback.

Best,

Christopher