Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kohalabill

Feedback for Grocery Delivery site

5 posts in this topic

Aloha,

I am looking for a little feedback on my site. Going4Groceries.com

I am currently aware of a few existing issues or features that are being feverishly worked on:

• Some of the product images are missing or broken (in progress takes some time nearly 20,000 products)
  • Search won't find the first word in the Description (tep_parse_search_string(), and advanced_search_results.php are unaltered?)
  • Customer's Selected Delivery Time doesn't correctly parse and reload into the selection box when customer has continued and returns to edit the Delivery Date/Time (Modification of the preferred Delivery Date contribution)
  • Currently in development of a My Shopping List being worked on in my local development server
  • Group Discounts still need to be applied automatically for Senior Citizen Customers (currently done manually through Admin site, Modification of the Group Discounts contribution)

Trial orders have succeeded and everything seems to be functional.

Sincerely,

Bill Stevens

Going4Groceries.com LLC

Nobody wants to be welcommed on your site with "Welcome Guest! "

I'm not a native speaker, but I believe there is more than just one spelling mistake on your website.

The navigation bar on the left side (Baby, Beverages etc) looks nice - but it might be rather difficult for people with challenged seight to read (color).

Your resort-list looks chaotic http://www.going4groceries.com/delivery_information.php#resorts

Marketing-wise I think you should also have a, maybe reduced, article list for senior citizens which don't use the internet.. And maybe make agreements with senior citizens clubs etc so they advertise it to their members. Same for hospitals.

I'm also not sure if I like your logo, it looks kinda old fashioned to me.. I specially dislike the pink dots.

Good luck!

I don't like the orange and pink combination. I don't know what it's like over there but I cater to a lot of "older customers" and they like plain and simple as far as layout and colors. The site has a very claustrophobic feel to me and is pretty much stock osC except for the category menu. I would consider adding some margins around the info boxes. I don't like how you click something on the category menu, it opens blank, then the page refreshes and shows the links in the menu. These are just things that would throw a "red flag" for me when shopping online. It seems unprofessional so I wouldn't feel safe shopping there.

Please don't take my review the wrong way, it's just a candid response. I DO like what you are trying to do and I think with some design help you could have a really good thing starting over there. I found one of your competitors sites through google and it won't take much to make a site nicer than theirs!!

Thank you for your responses! I think I've addressed most of the issues that were mentioned here and probably created some more problems, lol.

Still a work in progress. Thank you all again!

-Bill