• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

return to the page you were on prior to loggin in

dreamscape

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does any one have this working with MS1? I am confused as to what to add, and where to add it at this point :? Any help?? Bird Brain...did you put a contrib together with the login box? I have Linda's 5.2 installed and it is giving me troubles. Sometimes you can login and stay logged in, other times you cannot stay logged in at all. It is goofy. I'll log in using the box at the default.php, then click on a category and poof, the loginbox shows me as logged out, however "logoff" still shows in my header bar (as if I am still logged in). It is very strange. Any ideas?

Thanks for your thoughts and help!!

Check it out here:http://www.gobeyondwireless.com

-Richard

---------------------------------------------------

Where would I be without the Forums?!?!

I have this working pretty well with all the pages.

I do need to strip out the changes and put them into one file for convenience.

The only time this does not work, is when you don't have the Secure enabled.

This is nothing major, as the function just needs editing to include the specific handling of the secure pages as I am using a simple secure test for all of those and that needs to be broken down into the individual pages.

I will try to do something like that after the weekend. I have this working on most everything correctly. Much of it is posted here, but it can get confusing to peice together everything.

Warrren - you are thanking the wrong person! :)

Linda - any ideas on this (see message a couple of posts up)

I can get the logoff part to go back to a product but the login part still redirects back to default.php

thanks heaps

Jen

I haven't lost my mind - I have it backed up on disk somewhere.

I have it working on there too.

I am going to break this down for cleaner addition to pages so it's easier to know what and when to use it.

That was what I meant by making it a contribution so everyone has all the changes at once and can make their own modifications if they like.

• 4 weeks later...
I have it working on there too.

I am going to break this down for cleaner addition to pages so it's easier to know what and when to use it.

That was what I meant by making it a contribution so everyone has all the changes at once and can make their own modifications if they like.

is it yet in contibution? can someone provide me link please? i tried to look through contribution section but couldnt find it

thanks in advance

Hats

I have it in my Shoppe Enhancement Controller but need to break it out for a seperate contribution.

I re-wrote parts of it to work with site that do and sites that don't use SSL as well as other sites that for some reason it acts moofy.

I want to do one more clean up on it so that it is easier to insert a simple line of text into any file that you want to use this feature on.

But I will try to do that right after I finish putting the zips together for SEC.

I found one flaw in the logic ... but that is just on the Contact Us page.

I have it working on a Back button when no email is sent, but not on the Continue when the emails is successful.

Oh where oh where is Josh when I need him ... :shock:

All the redirects work except for one button ... for now, I bet you can suffer just an itty bit until a solution to that one button is made ... 8)

Oh where oh where is Josh when I need him ... :shock:

ha, taking a break before my summer session starts... I'll be back home around June 1st and I can take a peek at it then.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

All the redirects work except for one button ... for now, I bet you can suffer just an itty bit until a solution to that one button is made ...

i am more than willing to suffer, but i need code to install it 8)

can i have it please? :D

Just finished organizing all the files and sorting them.

Before I do the final zip ... I have a quick README.TXT to finish writting and dinner to eat.

Then ... I will have SEC v1.0 done. :rockedover:

cool :thumbsup:

so i assume the release of SEC will be tonight?

will i have to extract code for login from that or you are planning to extract it after the release?

i cant install SEC at this point, it will ruin my whole schedule :nervous:

Ah that peice ... :oha:

I will try to break that out as it is more or less easy inserts for pages you want this added to.

I will have to see what my schedule is like the next couple days.

You could also look at the SEC v1.0 and look to see how this is done and pull it out yourself if you are feeling a bit rushed on this.

There is an include for the application_top.php, and one for each file you want to use this on. I have it working for login, logoff, shipping, privacy, contact us, etc. Basically any page that takes you some place and you have a back button to return to the last page you were on whether a listing, product, cart, etc.

thanks

as of today i have couple of days i can go without it, after that i will try to look into the SEC and extract it.

i assume you have comments in place in SEC

thank you

Hi,

I downloaded SEC and checked the code for login redirect.

from what i figured, i will have to upload

catalog/includes/redirect_login_to.php

and add

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Shoppe Enhancement Controller

// login redirect to last page

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'redirect_login_to.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Shoppe Enhancement Controller

on top of following files

advanced_search.php

advanced_search_result.php

allprods.php

conditions.php

contact_us.php

default.php

privacy.php

product_info.php

product_reviews.php

products_new.php

products_rebate.php

shopping_cart.php

specials.php

and it should work

am i missing anything?

Thank you

You also need /includes/redirect_login.php

Then, you need to add to application_top.php at the very bottom before the ?>

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Shoppe Enhancement Controller

// login and logoff and redirects

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'redirect_login.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Shoppe Enhancement Controller

Then look for the tag at the bottom of those pages:

<?php /* WebMakers.com Added: Change Redirect */ ?>

for the link needed for that page.

Then, look at the /includes/header.php for how to make a login/logoff link or use the /includes/boxes/login_box.php and it's language file.

I think those are all the changes, but you will have to test it and see. I haven't had time yet to tear this out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived