• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which PayPal module for old 1.2 Oscommerce?

OceanRanch

I'm an old member from 2003 and need some help. My client has a 1.272 oscommerce version with a 1.39 paypal.php installed.

They have never activated the paypal module and the site is heavily modified so an upgrade to the latest oscommerce is not in the immediate future.

Which version of paypal should I download and install/configure that will give me the best possible paypal system.

Thanks in advance for your help and its good to be back in the oscommerce world once again.

Tom

Tom,

Even OLD heavily modified stores need to be updated at some point. You are doing your client an injustice by not telling them they need to create a new site using v2.3.1.

Having said that, most any of the PayPal modules will function even with the older versions.

Chris

Tom,

Even OLD heavily modified stores need to be updated at some point. You are doing your client an injustice by not telling them they need to create a new site using v2.3.1.

Having said that, most any of the PayPal modules will function even with the older versions.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have recommended the upgrade and they will be upgrading at the 1st of the New Year.

Thanks for the info on compatibility. I was not sure if an older version of OSC relying on Globals ON would work with a new PayPal module.