• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal processed order but OsCommerce has no record of it

pejo

As mentioned in the subject. I've placed an order to test and it was processed through paypal and the funds were sent and received however there is no record of it in - or email notification from OsCommerce. The customer profile that I created in the database is there but there is no record of the actual order.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete.

Pete,

That was a common problem with using PayPal Standard when the customer didn't return to the store after confirming payment at PayPal. However, since the release of v2.3.1 I haven't heard many problems because the included PayPal Express module requires two-way communication between your site and the PayPal servers.

Do you have your paths correct in /includes/configure.php ?

Are you receiving any other errors on the website ?

Chris

Thanks Chris...unfortunately the version that my ISP has is 2.2. I had built a site several years ago on the same version 2.2 and did not have this problem.

IE the records went into the database even if the confirmation email did not go out.

Will turning on the auto-return on paypal fix this?

Pete

Ensure that you have a return url setup in your paypal profile. This should go to your checkout_success.php page. There are also a few contributions available in the add ons section that alter the paypal email and add your order to it. Do a search for paypal and you will find them.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thanks Chris...unfortunately the version that my ISP has is 2.2. I had built a site several years ago on the same version 2.2 and did not have this problem.IE the records went into the database even if the confirmation email did not go out.Will turning on the auto-return on paypal fix this?

Then you should also ensure you read and apply ALL of the security patches mentioned in these two threads:

Admin Security and Website Security

Chris

Pyapl process order but if version is use is not using IPN or if using IPN and IPN not reached this will happen.

Just check your paypal profile setting has IPN set to true and IPN notify path is right.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Pyapl process order but if version is use is not using IPN or if using IPN and IPN not reached this will happen.

Just check your paypal profile setting has IPN set to true and IPN notify path is right.

Satish

Do you mean the IPN path set in paypal... I have it set to the paypal module - shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php is this the correct setting?

I'm still not receiving emails.

You need to make sure IPN is recd and your code for IPn is executed.

Unless this code executes no email will be generated.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 3 weeks later...