osCommerce

The e-commerce.

? mark instead of "ä ö å" characters in swedish language

nima_ss

Hello,

I'm new in osCommerce 2.3.1 and I just add swedish language to my test webshop

http://saboonchi.com/webshop/oscommerce2/catalog/index.php?language=se

http://saboonchi.com/webshop/oscommerce2/catalog/login.php

as you can see in this site between text some characters dosen't appears correctly :(

any help or suggestion ?

thx in advance

Hej Nima, jag tar det på Engelska andra kan ha samma problem:

What you need to do is to open up every language file and check that their encoding is UTF-8

And check the charset in includes/swedish.php etc.,

As is done here

Sara

Hej Nima, jag tar det på Engelska andra kan ha samma problem:

What you need to do is to open up every language file and check that their encoding is UTF-8

And check the charset in includes/swedish.php etc.,

As is done here

Sara

Hej Sara, tack för ditt snabba svar,

I duble check all files under includes->languages->swedish and all are in UTF-8 :(

Would you please let me know which Swedish language package did you use? would you please send me the package or link of that?

In addition most interesting thing is that I find the file that words :

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Välkommen tillbaka <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Vill du se vilka <a href="%s"><u>nya produkter</u></a> som finns att köpa?');

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '<small>Om du inte är %s, please <a href="%s"><u>logga in</u></a> med dina kontouppgifter.</small>');

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Välkommen <span class="greetUser">Gäst!</span> Vill du <a href="%s"><u>logga in</u></a>? Eller vill du <a href="%s"><u>skapa ett nytt konto</u></a>?');

"V�lkommen till ******

Välkommen Gäst! Vill du logga in? Eller vill du skapa ett nytt konto?"

are inside. which are inside file "swedish.php" , but as you can see first "V�lkommen" appears with wrong character but in second line "välkommen" appears correctly ?!?!?!

Nima

Hej Sara, tack för ditt snabba svar,

I duble check all files under includes->languages->swedish and all are in UTF-8 :(

Would you please let me know which Swedish language package did you use? would you please send me the package or link of that?

In addition most interesting thing is that I find the file that words :

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Välkommen tillbaka <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Vill du se vilka <a href="%s"><u>nya produkter</u></a> som finns att köpa?');

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '<small>Om du inte är %s, please <a href="%s"><u>logga in</u></a> med dina kontouppgifter.</small>');

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Välkommen <span class="greetUser">Gäst!</span> Vill du <a href="%s"><u>logga in</u></a>? Eller vill du <a href="%s"><u>skapa ett nytt konto</u></a>?');

"V�lkommen till ******

Välkommen Gäst! Vill du logga in? Eller vill du skapa ett nytt konto?"

are inside. which are inside file "swedish.php" , but as you can see first "V�lkommen" appears with wrong character but in second line "välkommen" appears correctly ?!?!?!

Nima

I found the solution,

In dreamweaver for all files under includes->languages->swedish and swerish.php go to page properties and under "Title/ Encoding" be sure that Encoding is Unicode UTF-8 and uncheck

"include Unicode Signature (BOM)"

Nima

Archived