• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need to upgrade version

Hi Everyone,

I am in need to upgrade my oscommerce. I am embarrassed to say we are still running 2.2-MS2. I have always been of the mind set that if it works don't fix it.

But, I really need to upgrade as we are getting hassled by our PCI scanning company that we have to upgrade.

So, the question is this, on the front page of OSCommerce there is a file that says "complete" update package, does that mean I can load that and does it update like regular software? Can I just load it in and all my existing store items will remain there?

You know when you update existing software on your computer - if you upgrade to a higher Word program you don't have to redo all your files. Something like that? I was given 4 different websites that had 2 pages each worth of documentation to supposedly update. Isn't there an easier way?

If not, is there a way to temporarily turn off the search function for now?

Thanks,

Kelly

Kelly,

There is NO upgrade path from MS2 to v2.3.1.

You will have to create a NEW website with v2.3.1 and then import your categories, products and customers.

Chris

Kelly,

There is NO upgrade path from MS2 to v2.3.1.

You will have to create a NEW website with v2.3.1 and then import your categories, products and customers.

Chris

Hi Chris,

When you say import (again excuse my very basic knowledge of oscommerce) is there a way to import the items through the database so that I don't have to create the categories, products etc. all over again?

Thanks,

Kelly

You will have to manually export out the items from the old shop db and then manually import them over into the new shop db via Phpmyadmin.