• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forgotten Admin Password in OSC 2.3

aftabn10

Hi, unfortunately I have forgotten my admin password for my online shop. I had enabled the .htaccess through admin but now i cant login. I have tried changing the password in the database alongwith the .htpassword file but this still doesnt let me in. Can any1 please help and let me know if there is anything else that i can try.

Thanks in advance.

Aftab,

Using phpmyadmin in your hosting control panel, truncate the administrators table.

Then, log back into your admin area, it will instruct you to create a NEW admin username and password. Do as instructed and log in as normal.

If you have enabled .htaccess protection, you will need to edit the /admin/.htaccess file and remove the protection line.

Chris

DunWeb, thanks that seems to have worked, but i am now getting the following error:

Warning: main(C:/xampp/htdocs/oscommercenew/catalog/includes/classes/action_recorder.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/29/d116169/htdocs/mdz/md/admin/includes/classes/action_recorder.php on line 13

Not sure why, but i am guessing might have something to do with what i have defined in the config file.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

DunWeb at all

I've followed your instruction but I'm still getting the "A user name and password are being requested by http://www.xxx.com. The site says: "osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool" error

I found the right database & trucated the password. Then you say "Then, log back into your admin area, it will instruct you to create a NEW admin username and password. Do as instructed and log in as normal"

Unfortunately, I'm unable to do so because when I try to log into osCommerce (Online Merchant Administration Tool) get the pop up password box. I have previously enabled the extra password security measure from within the Admin dashboard.

I also tried the solution with inserting the line into administrators table from within the phpMyAdmin. While the new details

were successfullyinserted that didn't work either.

Any suggestions how to change the apssword will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Barb

Hi Satish,

I've tried the script but unfortunately it did not work. I'm getting the following error message:

Warning: require_once(includes/configure.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx_store/reset.php on line 6

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lsphp-5.2.17/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx_store/reset.php on line 6

It looks like it may be having problems with accessing appropriate files and directories under v 2.3.1?

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Barb

Archived