• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Logging Order Before Payment Processing

radders

I just installed Mark Russell's contribution:

order lgging before payment processing

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,871/page,8

It is an excellent idea to keep track of those orders which go missing when a customer fails to return to your site after making payment, and it is easy to install.

At the moment it isn't very useful to me apart from recording the delivery address and a little product information but this could be developed into a very handy tool.

I hope to spend some time working to enhance this module to record product options the customer choose and then an admin section to convert these options into plain English.

or has someone has already done it :?:

David

• 1 year later...

Has anyone got this contribution going yet? I installed it, but if you have a customer who has ordered more than once, it pulls the purchase date info from that customer's 1st order so it does not work like it is supposed to.

This is REALLY a great contribution and MANY MANY MANY people here have asked about how to do it. Can someone please help? Please download this and see if you can get it to work correctly and post your results here.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the reason why some orders are not completely fulfilled in osCommerce when using a payment gateway (I'm currently using SECPay)?

Sometimes I get orders with customer names and billing/delivery addresses missing and occassionally there is also no ordered product details. Most of the time the system works as it should and hitting "Checkout" on the SECPay server payment page sends the customer back to my server and loads checkout_process.php which writes the appropriate details to my database and sends out the confirmation emails.

I'm aware that there are some contributions to try and get around this (held orders etc..) by logging orders at the checkout confirmation stage before heading off to the payment gateway. Does anyone have thoughts on what might be causing this intermittent behaviour in the first place?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I just recently got this contribution installed and all looks well except one error message in admin under Customers/Orders holding. I have the following error message: 1146 - Table 'aunique_osc1.TABLE_HOLDING_ORDERS' doesn't exist,

anyone know how I can fix this?.

Thanks

Tina

That is because you did not add the required SQL tables. You need to update your database as described.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

>>>That is because you did not add the required SQL tables. You need to update your database as described.<<<<

Hi PopTheTop,

Actually I do have the SQL table installed. All three holding tables show up in the files section. I follwed the instructions with the download and lauched the SQL file from my SQL Admin and it says it was installed successfully. The instructions state -

Installation:

1. Create the three holding tables in new_tables.sql

I was assuming the three tables are the ones already created in the new_tables.sql file right? The create step was actually referring to launching the files via my SQL Admin or am I missing a step that is not listed that I was supposed to know about? :unsure:

Thanks

Tina

• 4 weeks later...

Did you add the define for the new tables in database_tables.php ?

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

The osC PayPal IPN module performs a similar function. As soon as the customer is shown the Confirm Order page, his order is saved.

Would this Logging Order contribution have any conflict with a payment module that performs as above?

In fact this feature in the osC PayPal IPN module creates a problem because if the customer edits their shipping address from the Confirm page, the address change does not get associated with the order in the database and looking at the order shows the customer's original shipping addres associated still.

Would this module help overcome that problem?

Rik Rasmussen

The osC PayPal IPN module performs a similar function. As soon as the customer is shown the Confirm Order page, his order is saved.

Would this Logging Order contribution have any conflict with a payment module that performs as above?

In fact this feature in the osC PayPal IPN module creates a problem because if the customer edits their shipping address from the Confirm page, the address change does not get associated with the order in the database and looking at the order shows the customer's original shipping addres associated still.

Would this module help overcome that problem?

One way to stop that from happening is to remove the EDIT link for editing the shipping address.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hi,

I have been struggling with this sessions error for some time now

1062 - Duplicate entry '9085c0f986182c4b1d074de86a38f56c' for key 1

and have not found an answer in the forums. I am using a viaKLIX gateway and all works well, but at the moment of transaction, the customer will be directed to the viaKLIX gateway and upon return to my shopping cart has been logged out.

The problem was that I had no record in my data base about the transaction.

The above error with a lot more info will show at the bottom of that login page.

The money transfer proceeds flawless, and the client gets an email from viaKLIX the way I set it up.

I found a great work around until this is solved either by me or some one else in these forums.

I fond the contribution 'held orders', which works well with the only exception that I still have to go into the MySQL data base and delete the content of the customers basket.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,held+orders

Hope this will help somebody else, thanks David Howarth and Carine Bruyndoncx.

Wolfgang

No, in the Customer Order Confirm page of osC.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

No, in the Customer Order Confirm page of osC.

Now I'm confused Scott. Please excuse me if I've gotten off track here.

This is the statement that I'm trying to understand and find a fix:

Regarding: "In fact this feature in the osC PayPal IPN module creates a problem because if the customer edits their shipping address from the Confirm page, the address change does not get associated with the order in the database and looking at the order shows the customer's original shipping addres associated still."

I have the exact same problem with the "osC PayPal IPN module".

If we are talking about the same thing then I have no idea where this is: "in the Customer Order Confirm page of osC."

Thanks for the assistance !

RonR

• 2 months later...

I have finally got this contribution working after a fashion, but it doesn't display the products ordered or total in admin.

What have I left out please? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Same here.. I cannot find the purhased products anywhere...

I'm in the same boat... I'm a nooB with PHP and mySQL but I've been in IT for a decade so I'm usually able to work through most anything.

Do I have to run direct SQL queries to view this data? Is there nothing built into this contrib that will provide a view to the data? Maybe I'm just not seeing it, and their isn't much documentation for the contrib- just the install.txt.

Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'