• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I want no payment module but to able make orders by email

ariel.oscommerce

Hi everybody, I am newbie in oscmmerce I am making a store where I don't want any payment way I want just the user orders the product I get a notification email with the information of the order, not online payment neither cash delivery. I would like to know how I can do that, if somebody could suggest me a module or somethig I will be gratefull.

I need help.

Thanks in advance.

Ariel

Ariel,

You can use Payment on Account to accept the order without the customer paying. However, then you face the issue of collecting for the product sold.

You can also change the language to something like "Deferred Billing" or "You will be contacted"

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, thanks for your answer, but I am using oscommerce version 2.3.1, the module you suggest me doesn't work with this version I think because after installing it I don't see any changes in the modules section in the backend.

Could somebody please help me how to solve this ? Maybe the solution is to make a module myself, how can I find documentation about how to make modules for oscommerce 2.3.1 ???

Kind Regards,

Thanks in advance.

Ariel

Ariel,

If you have installed it properly and have run the SQL statement included with the contribution, you will have a 'Store Credit Account' payment module in admin>> modules>> payment and you will also have a line on the customers information page that says 'Customer on Account' with a No / Yes drop down menu.

Chris

Well I can see a line on the customers information page that says 'Customer on Account' with a No / Yes drop down menu but I don't see a 'Store Credit Account' payment module in admin>> modules>> payment I don't understand why because I have did everything the readme.txt said.

How can I fix that ?

Regards

Ariel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, I am newbie in oscmmerce I am making a store where I don't want any payment way I want just the user orders the product I get a notification email with the information of the order, not online payment neither cash delivery. I would like to know how I can do that, if somebody could suggest me a module or somethig I will be gratefull.

I need help.

Thanks in advance.

Ariel

What I've done (I had problems getting online payment systems to talk to my websites after a server switch a while ago) is change the wording on the money order module to suit my purposes, it should work for any non-instant payment method (I take cheques, card payments by phone, bank transfer and manually send PayPal invoices, I have one version of moneyorder.php for cheques/card by phone/bank transfer and another for paypal.