• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC 2.3.1 - CKEditor not showing.

Hey everyone, I was wanting a WYSIWYG editor on my site, but, unfortunately, it is not showing up anywhere. I have followed the rules and have this on my admin page:

http://imgur.com/nimDw

However, I have looked both in the product descriptions on the admin panel:

and on the site itself:

http://imgur.com/gAykk

And I can't see anywhere on how to edit the article. I am very new to OSC and hope that someone can help me.

Thankyou,

Ross.

have you followed all the installation steps or simply skipped some?

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Here comes a full guide and this working perfect with 2.3.1!

(1) Download the latest CKEditor from http://ckeditor.com/download and unpack to catalog/admin/ext/ckeditor - ckeditor.js should now be in the top level of this folder.

(2) Open /catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php and change the line with tep_draw_textarea_field (around line 252) to:

$field = '<textarea name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '" id="' . tep_output_string($name) . '" cols="' . tep_output_string($width) . '" rows="' . tep_output_string($height) . '"';

(3) Open /catalog/admin/includes/template_top.php and add the following before the </head> tag:

<?php
if (!defined('USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA')) {
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, set_function) values ('', 'Use CKEditor', 'USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA','true','Use CKEditor for WYSIWYG editing of textarea fields in admin',1,99,now(),'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),' )");
define ('USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA','true');
}
if (USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA == "true") {
?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_href_link('ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_href_link('ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
var $editors = $('textarea');
if ($editors.length) {
$editors.each(function() {
var editorID = $(this).attr("id");
var instance = CKEDITOR.instances[editorID];
if (instance) { CKEDITOR.remove(instance); }
CKEDITOR.replace(editorID);
});
}
});
</script>
<?php
}
?>

DONE!

With this above you can use CKEditor everywhere in admin zone.

But that give me problem, when i should edit store adress in configuration/my store

Here comes a new guide to only use CKEditor when you edit the products.

(1)

Download the latest version of CKEditor:

http://ckeditor.com/download

(2)

Unzip and move the ckeditor folder to /admin/

It should now looks like this /admin/ckeditor/

(3)

Open the file catalog/admin/includes/template_top.php

Find this line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

Add this line below:

<script type="text/javascript" src="./ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

(4)

Open the file catalog/admin/categories.php

Find this code:

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?>

Replace with:

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '10', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '] class="ckeditor"'); ?>

You are now done.

Have a good day and hope it work well for you!

• 1 year later...

I honestly hoped and prayed that I had finally found the answer to my prayers - 4 days so far on this simple 10 minute job - alas the clock is still running - Guaranteed it's something so simple that I am or am not doing - BUT WHAT ?

Things have actually taken a turn for the better- I do have at least the text area covered in html now - did see a thread about that somewhere ? But where ?

Why is it there are so many different supposed solutions out there - Surely there is only ONE right way ? Having said that - there is more than one way to skin a cat !

I finally got ckeditor to install by opting for an earlier version of OSC. NOT IMPRESSED WITH WHAT I GOT - TOTALLY OVER RATED am writing this whilst I remove ckeditor going to have a go with Whizzywig am just wondering what this editor is I am using here ?

Edited by Scottlouie

• 1 year later...

Make sure you have uploaded the latest version of ckeditor

http://ckeditor.com/

to ....... /admin/ext/ckeditor/

ckeditor will be in a yellow folder if done correctly then follow the install instructions from

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7650

JohnAtYM 21 Feb 2011

regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.