• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting a Paypal IPN Error from Paypal

wildvettes

I did a test sale on my site and at first I was using discount code on the order total and got an error that it was in the wrong format. I then applied it to the sub-total and it worked. I suspect this is an issue I will need to investigate further. After I did that and returned to my site I got this from paypal...

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.wildvettes.com/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

My website direct link forwards to my /catalog so I'm guessing that at the very least the URL is wrong. How do I fix that? With paypal or in my module?

Then after I went back to discounting in my sub-total I completed a test sale. Everything went through. I received an email from paypal, my "customer" received an email about their order, but I never received an email that the order had been placed. I'm guessing because of the IPN? I did get two more emails from paypal last night at different intervals...

Email Title: PayPal IPN Invalid Process

then

$HTTP_POST_VARS:

$HTTP_GET_VARS:

This was the only thing in the email. Same issue causing everything?

Also last thing on the order checkout page it does not show the item description for purchase on the paypal invoice. It only shows my site description...

Any help you can provide for any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that I could help you but I am also receiving the same email indicating a PayPal IPN Invalid Process. I, the webmaster, and listed in the IPN Module to receive error messages.

My error emails seem to be also associated with the Shopping Cart. I have had 64 orders with no such error message for nearly two years. Then, as of 7/9/11, the error emails are arriving with every order. The good part is that the orders seem to be processed as always meaning that the store and the customer do not know that these error emails have started.

The latest one, this morning, is an example where the customer placed an order with an amount less than the minimum allowed. The program notified him, on the Shopping Cart screen, that the total amount was not enough. He then changed the quantity, proceeded to Checkout, and successfully completed payment, returning to the store per the PayPal instructions. The customer performed a very simple task in making a change to the quantity. However, I received two identical Invalid Process emails.

Does anyone have insight as to what might be happening? Maybe PayPal recently changed something which responds to IPN?????

Thank you for your help in resolving this strange situation!

I have the same problem and seem to be getting the same email with every sales.

In playing with the link that seems to be the problem I found that the following haqppens;

http://sunshynecraftsbeads.com/catalog/checkout_process.php - Page does not exist

http://sunshynecraftsbeads.com/checkout_process.php - Takes me back to the sign in page

I changed my Paypal account to the second one and made a test purchase and everything seemed to work fine. Please note this was just a test and I am by no means good at this kinda of so please do not change yours. I would continue to follow the instructions on how to set up the standard Paypal instructions from the forum and see if you can find the root of the problem by contacting your provider as mentioned in the email or Paypal direct.

Tracie