• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Harald's AIM Module integration on 2.2 MS2

akmac

Hello all,

I'm attempting to switch to authorize.net and have installed Harald's AIM module. Before I can go about fiddling with further configuration, I've noticed that this module moves the payment form from the payments page to the confirmation page-which is not user-friendly. Does anyone have an idea on how to move it back to the payments page? Should I be using a different module?

Any help appreciated!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

Current credit card regulations require that the data be submitted directly to authorize.net from the page that the customer enters the card number on. The only page in osCommerce capable of doing that is the confirmation page. This is the way that version 2.3.1 (and all future versions) work.

If you want to improve the customer experience, you could combine the payment page with the confirmation page. This is a lot of work, but it shortens the checkout process by one page, and gets rid of a (nearly) useless page in the process.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim,

Thanks very much for the rapid response! That's a bummer. I have a number of mods on that page... FEC and CCGV. I'm no coder, but can copy/paste bits if the instructions are written for a 9 year old. Are you aware of a mod anywhere that I might be able to use to combine the pages?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

There is no Addon that I'm aware of. I've done this once, but that page includes a bunch of additional mods as well and was designed for a specific payment module, so it's not really reusable.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.