• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Crawl or hack attempt?

Druid6900

I observed this in my Admin panel this morning and it was there a couple of days ago and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

00:14:20 0 Guest 88.190.11.113 12:05:39 12:05:39 /catalog/index.php?cPath=2%22%20onmousedown=%22ct(this,%20'http%3A%2F%2Fwww.legacycomputersnparts.com%2Fcatalog%2Findex.php%3FcPath%3D2','28','9','%22by+osCommerce%22++rom','',%20'009090e04ab470f592b60df6a2e25288f0f5b54e686491a21327',%200)/admin/file_mana

Both times, there were several instances of it at once, like when a Bot is crawling your site, but the coding was much longer than say, GoogleBot or Slurp or Yandex.

Of the 4 that are active right now, two are going for /admin/file_manager (which has long ago been removed) and two are going for /admin/categories

Is this cause for concern?

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

Everything except authorized personnel (probably just you) going for your admin is a hack attempt.

As long as they don't "hit the target" it's not much to worry about, except maybe using bandwidth.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Well, I've been pretty diligent about installing security features (and the site seems to be still operating correctly :rolleyes: ), so, that's comforting.

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

I found a crawler searching for other stuff and folders that's not even listed on my server

Strange is it's also indexing the pages

.htaccess deny from 79.125.59.235 :thumbsup:

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

• 2 weeks later...

I have been experiencing the same kind problem, for example right now my who is online shows this:

/conditions.php/admin/file_manager.php/login.php

This has been going on quite long time, for months. have been blocking theese ip adresses manually everytime i spot them, because i have thought that there cant be anything good in trying to get to my admin. Ofcourse i have done everything possible to protect my admin, but still i dont like someone attempting to go for it. But the problem is that i have life to live and a store to run, i cant sit looking for ips to block from my site 24/7, is there anyway to get them automaticly banned when the word admin pops up (obviously the first thing i have done was renaming the admin folder, so there is no one who should be searching for it on my site)?

And sorry for my bad english.

There are a couple of addons that would catch that attempt and automatically add the IP address to an htaccess file. One such addon is one I wrote called osC_Sec

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/373777-oscommerce-security-osc-secphp/

It seems to be doing an alright job of nabbing such attempts and banning them.

- Stop Oscommerce hacks dead in their tracks with osC_Sec (see discussion here)
- Another discussion about infected files ::here::
- A discussion on file permissions ::here::
- Site hacked? Should you upgrade or not, some thoughts ::here::
- Fix the admin login bypass exploit here
- Pareto Security: New security addon I am developing, a remake of osC_Sec in PHP 5 with a number of fixes
- BTC:1LHiMXedmtyq4wcYLedk9i9gkk8A8Hk7qX

Archived