• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deliver Status Update

cadillac1960

I have been trying for weeks now to make sense of how I would get the "Order Status" in the admin section to update once a package has been delivered.

I have the following modules installed for shipping:

UPS Worldship XML auto import

United Parcel Service (XML)

I have a button configured (on this page: http://www.soofoo.com/store/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID=136&action=edit) that allows me to click it for any given order, and it takes me to the UPS tracking page, but I need the "Status" to be updated once the item is delivered (from Processing to Delivered).

What am I missing here and how do I go about this? Seems like it should be easy enough but I am done trying to figure it out myself as I have failed now for weeks and my head is getting really sore from that brick wall I have been beating it against. Client has no more budget and I am out of patience.

Any help appreciated.

BTW, using 2.2-MS2.

Thanks

W

Edited by cadillac1960

Have you looked in admin - customers - orders?

There you can click on the edit button for each customer.

On that page is a drop down list to select a status to update the order.

If you want you can implement that logic into your process you have created.

Hey KDM;

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate any feedback I can get on this topic.

I do know how to manually change the status of the order from "Processing" to "Pending" or "Delivered", etc. I am trying to find a way to automate the update of that very field. Client does not want to have to go in an monitor delivery status of orders, but instead have it updated for them.

I have talked to UPS about their Tracking API and other API's, but can not quite figure out which of these is going to solve my scenario.

If you have anything else or know anyone who might, would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

W

Have you looked in admin - customers - orders?

There you can click on the edit button for each customer.

On that page is a drop down list to select a status to update the order.

If you want you can implement that logic into your process you have created.

Hey KDM;

Thanks again for taking a look at this.

Currently, I have a button set up that takes us to UPS and we use our own order ID number in the custom field, along with our shippers ID to take users to the correct tracking page for a particular package. We don't have anything that feeds back the info live to the site, it bounces them out to the UPS site.

Hope this helps to explain what we are doing so far. As I had mentioned, UPS points me to their tracking API, but I can't quite get a handle on which of the API's to set up or what that would involve.

Much appreciated.

Cheers~

W

How do you receive your tracking information from UPS now?