• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to delete " Powered by OsCommerce" on the bottom of the page?

Emilytw88

Can anyone tell me how or where can I delete the "Powered by OsCommerce" sentence at the bottom of the home page? I am currently using OsCommerce version 2.3.1 for my web store.

Many thanks in advanced. :-)

-Emily

Emily,

BEFORE attempting to remove the 'Powered by osCommerce' from your footer, you should read the licensing agreement that was provided with your download.

Chris

I am okay to keep that sentence on my store website. However, I would like to learn more and where (which Php page) that I can go to delete the sentence if it is not bounded by the license agreement. :-)

I checked template_bottom.php, index.php and footer.php under the catalog and install folders. I just couldn't find where?? Any suggestions?? Thanks.

-Emily

Emily,

You will find it in the /includes/languages/english.php file

George,

Although I don't see it in v2.3.1, I thought there used to be a note in the footer.php that stated unless the site has modified to such an extent as it does not resemble osCommerce, the Powered by osCommerce must remain in place. (paraphrasing by memory)

Chris

Thanks Chris. :-) It is always good to know I have the "option" to remove that sentence. :-)

George: I am not in hurry to remove that sentence since I have much to learn about this application. Also lots of data-entry work too!! But I just want to know if it is possible to remove that sentence. :-)

-Emily

Archived