• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in

jerry1962

Hello folks i have a test site i use to get the code right, before adding to the main page. i have a fresh install of 2.3.1 and i get this mesg

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/xxxlatindivas.com/addon/3g4ginternet.com/includes/classes/language.php on line 16.

i have delete the data base and reinstalled it twice but i still get this mesg any ideas?

Thanks for your help im just trying to get a additional box to put some text in.

Jerry

P.S im using this download (29 Jan 2011)

Edited by jerry1962

Hello folks i have a test site i use to get the code right, before adding to the main page. i have a fresh install of 2.3.1 and i get this mesg

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/xxxlatindivas.com/addon/3g4ginternet.com/includes/classes/language.php on line 16.

i have delete the data base and reinstalled it twice but i still get this mesg any ideas?

Thanks for your help im just trying to get a additional box to put some text in.

Jerry

P.S im using this download (29 Jan 2011)

Check this:

"Cannot redeclare ..." The definitive help

• 4 years later...

Hello.  I followed that link and the code mentioned I put in the language.php but it din't find a second call "require"  so it must be something else.

This error comes up when use desktop/laptop when I choose payment by banktransfer and push the checkout button,  the site goto  checkout success and then I get this Cannot redeclare error.

Few years back the the mini template system is installed and no problems.
The Mobile addon 7.5.9 is installed and works but some customers cannot checkout,  it returns back on the product page.
Header Tags SEO V3.3.4 is installed.

I'm not sure if the Mobile addon have influance on the desktop version.

Any idee 

Edited by Boldman

This error used to happen with installs of older versions of osCommerce. As far as I know, it is not caused by a second include of the language class, but instead it's a related error involving that class and certain server settings. I don't believe that anyone ever found the exact cause, but the problem went away with later updates to osCommerce.

osCommerce 2.3.1 is pretty old now. There are several known security holes in that old software, as well as a lot of bugs like this one. I suggest that you upgrade to the latest Responsive version, which means you won't need the separate Mobile addon, and probably a bunch of other addons as well.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I ran Osc 2.3.3.4 but the problem is solved.

In de language.php file I made the following changes

First row change to :         if (!class_exists('language')) {class language { var $languages, $catalog_languages, $browser_languages, $language;

Then at the end of the file change to:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($this->browser_languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

reset($this->languages);
        while (list($key, $value) = each($this->languages)) {
          if (preg_match('/^(' . $value . ')(;q=[0-9]\\.[0-9])?$/i', $this->browser_languages[$i]) && isset($this->catalog_languages[$key])) {
            $this->language = $this->catalog_languages[$key];
            break 2;

class_exists.close();
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }

?> 

This error used to happen with installs of older versions of osCommerce. As far as I know, it is not caused by a second include of the language class, but instead it's a related error involving that class and certain server settings. I don't believe that anyone ever found the exact cause, but the problem went away with later updates to osCommerce.

osCommerce 2.3.1 is pretty old now. There are several known security holes in that old software, as well as a lot of bugs like this one. I suggest that you upgrade to the latest Responsive version, which means you won't need the separate Mobile addon, and probably a bunch of other addons as well.

Regards

Jim

I don't think this error is not caused by installs of older versions. I run @@gburton's Responsive-osCommerce 2.3.4 (master) and there is the same "banktransfer class" issue. 

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class banktransfer in /path-to-your-dir/includes/modules/payment/banktransfer.php on line 13

The problem seems to be caused by the banktransfer module, the others work fine. 

This error has been included during the banktransfer module installation.

@@Boldman's solution works in this case too: 

1. before 

class banktransfer { 

add 

if (!class_exists('banktransfer')) {  

2. before ?> in the end add 

}

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2014 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
if (!class_exists('banktransfer')) {  // prevents "Cannot redeclare class banktransfer" issue
  class banktransfer {
    var $code, $title, $description, $enabled;

// class constructor
    function banktransfer() {
      global $order;

$this->code = 'banktransfer';
      $this->title = MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_TEXT_TITLE;
      $this->description = MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
      $this->sort_order = MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_SORT_ORDER;
      $this->enabled = (( MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

if ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID > 0) {
$this->order_status = MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID;
      }

if (is_object($order)) $this->update_status();

$this->email_footer = MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER;
    }

// class methods
function update_status() {
      global $order;

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ZONE > 0) ) {
        $check_flag = false;
        $check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
        while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
          if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
            $check_flag = true;
            break;
          } elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->billing['zone_id']) {
            $check_flag = true;
            break;
          }
        }

if ($check_flag == false) {
          $this->enabled = false;
        }
      }
    }

function javascript_validation() {
      return false;
    }

function selection() {
      return array('id' => $this->code,
          'module' => $this->title);
    }

function pre_confirmation_check() {
      return false;
    }

function confirmation() {
      return array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION);
    }

function process_button() {
      return false;
    }

function before_process() {
      return false;
    }

function after_process() {
      return false;
    }

function output_error() {
      return false;
    }

function check() {
      if (!isset($this->check)) {
        $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_STATUS'");
        $this->check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
      }
      return $this->check;
    }

function install() {
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Allow Bank Transfer Payment', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to accept Bank Transfer Order payments?', '6', '1', now());");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Bank Sort Code', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_SORTCODE', '00-00-00', 'Bank sort code in the format 00-00-00', '6', '1', now());");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Bank Account No.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ACCNUM', '12345678', 'Bank Account No.', '6', '1', now());");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Bank Account Name', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ACCNAM', 'Fred Bloggs', 'Bank account name', '6', '1', now());");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Bank Name', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_BANKNAM', 'The Bank', 'Bank Name', '6', '1', now());");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('IBAN Number', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_IBAN', '00000000', 'IBAN number', '6', '1', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('SWIFT Number', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_SWIFT', '00000001', 'SWIFT number', '6', '1', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");
}

function remove() {
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
}

function keys() {
      return $keys = array(
             'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_STATUS',
'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_SORTCODE',
'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ACCNUM',
             'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ACCNAM',
             'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_BANKNAM',
             'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_IBAN',
        'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_SWIFT',
'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_SORT_ORDER',
'MODULE_PAYMENT_BANKTRANSFER_ZONE',