Sign in to follow this  
jonasrenfold

USPS Module won't uninstall

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this issue, as I have been trying to solve it all week. I installed the USPS module recently, and then went through the installation manual that came with the contribution and made the changes. However, I must have done something wrong because it didn't work. I then tried to uninstall it and start over, but it won't uninstall. The only thing I can do to get it to uninstall is revert to a full backup from before I installed the module, but I really really don't want to do that because we have added many products since then.

What it is doing:

When I go to Modules > Shipping the USPS is the only one that shows installed, and has a sort order of 0. When I click on USPS it shows an install button, which does nothing but refresh the screen. If I click on USPS and then click on the little arrow next to it I get this error. Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_multiinput_list() in /home/shoppes/public_html/admin/modules.php(212) : eval()'d code on line 1.

I really need to be able to completely uninstall the USPS so I can start over installing it. Can anyone help with this issue?

Site: www.shoppesofharmony.com

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_multiinput_list() in /home/shoppes/public_html/admin/modules.php(212) : eval()'d code on line 1.

It's looking for a function that I'm guessing came with the USPS add-on.

The call for that function is either in modules.php in which case it was added to modules.php or if you can not find "tep_cfg_multiinput_list" in modules.php then it is your configuration file of your database.

If that is the case then it was put there by the USPS contribution.

Use phpMyAdmin or a program like it and do a query looking in the configuration file for it. The query below should work:

SELECT *
FROM `configuration`
WHERE `set_function` LIKE '$multiinput_%'
OR `use_function` LIKE '%multiinput_%'

It should be in one of those two fields that is why we look there.

Once you find it you need to get rid of it. I'd delete the record not clear out the field.

ALWAYS ALWAYS BACKUP ANYTIME YOU CHANGE ANY FILE OR DATABASE.

That will give you a restore point if you need it.

Good Luck.

PS. Those types of functions usually exist in either general.php or html_output.php in your functions folder.

It's looking for a function that I'm guessing came with the USPS add-on.

The call for that function is either in modules.php in which case it was added to modules.php or if you can not find "tep_cfg_multiinput_list" in modules.php then it is your configuration file of your database.

If that is the case then it was put there by the USPS contribution.

Use phpMyAdmin or a program like it and do a query looking in the configuration file for it. The query below should work:

SELECT *
FROM `configuration`
WHERE `set_function` LIKE '$multiinput_%'
OR `use_function` LIKE '%multiinput_%'

It should be in one of those two fields that is why we look there.

Once you find it you need to get rid of it. I'd delete the record not clear out the field.

ALWAYS ALWAYS BACKUP ANYTIME YOU CHANGE ANY FILE OR DATABASE.

That will give you a restore point if you need it.

Good Luck.

PS. Those types of functions usually exist in either general.php or html_output.php in your functions folder.

Okay, I went through and looked in the php files. It was not there, as expected, since those are from the 12th, before I installed the contribution. I also could not find it in the database, which is from the 19th. Therefore the problem must lie with the database. I have no idea what to do next. The only solution I am left with is the one I don't want to use - completely revert back to the 12th (files and db) and lose the 100 or so products that have been added since then. Any additional ideas?

Okay, I went through and looked in the php files. It was not there, as expected, since those are from the 12th, before I installed the contribution. I also could not find it in the database, which is from the 19th. Therefore the problem must lie with the database. I have no idea what to do next. The only solution I am left with is the one I don't want to use - completely revert back to the 12th (files and db) and lose the 100 or so products that have been added since then. Any additional ideas?

Actually, I fixed that problem by going through and changing the code for installing the module again. Now when I click the arrow it takes me to the usps module config options, but won't save any of them. I am just going to revert back to the 12th. I've spent more time trying to avoid losing all of those products than it would take to add them again.