• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Get Account Creation Email To Use HTML

demastermind

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get the email that is sent to the customer when they create an account to use HTML? When I checked the source code of the email that was sent it did not show any of the HTML, only the plain text.

This is what the part of the page resposnsible for creating the email looks like:

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Create an Account');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'My Account Information');

define('TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN', '<font color="#FF0000"><small><strong>NOTE:</strong></small></font> If you already have an account with us, please login at the <a href="%s"><u>login page</u></a>.');

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', '<div style="background:#99D6FF; padding-right:2%; padding-left:2%">Welcome to ' . STORE_NAME);
define('EMAIL_GREET_MR', 'Dear Mr. %s,' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_GREET_MRS', 'Dear Mrs. %s,' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_GREET_MS', 'Dear Ms. %s,' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE', 'Dear %s,' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We welcome you to <strong>' . STORE_NAME . '</strong>.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_WARNING', '<strong>Note:</strong> This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS .</div> '.' . "\n");

My Installed Contributions:

1. Ultimate SEO URLs V 2-2.2d-X

2. Quantity Box on Product Info Page

3. httpbl4osc Version 1.1.0

4. QTpro for osc 2.3

5. Header Tags SEO V 3.0 (For 2.3)

6. DHTML State Selection for 2.3.1

And Good To Know:

I use a 960gs fluid style sheet.

I do have a honey pot on my website.

Store Version: 2.3

“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

- Lance Armstrong

Try

This is for 2.2

Ultimate HTML Emails

This is for V2.3

Ultimate Html Emails v2.1-2.3

Thanks for showing me these contribution. I downloaded the 2.3 one and while reading the instructions I came across the line: "2. Dont forget to turn on HTML emails in your admin section."

I was like: "wait a minute..."

It turns out I didn't enable Mime HTML in the admin panel.

I have another question now. I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how can I "define" another field. I'm using CSS to style the email but when I put in the <div style="... in any of the DEFINE_GREET the greeting field (Dear So and So,) does not show up in the email. I can put the CSS in any other field (minus the Subject as the code in my first post mistakenly shows) and the email turns out fine and formatted. The problem is the fields before the CSS div are not formated.

I think by putting a DEFINE with the CSS div BEFORE the GREET fields the problem would be corrected. Do you know how to put in a DEFINE field that always shows up?

4. QTpro for osc 2.3

And Good To Know:

- Lance Armstrong

I have another question now. I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how can I "define" another field. I'm using CSS to style the email but when I put in the <div style="... in any of the DEFINE_GREET the greeting field (Dear So and So,) does not show up in the email...

I think by putting a DEFINE with the CSS div BEFORE the GREET fields the problem would be corrected. Do you know how to put in a DEFINE field that always shows up?

Yesterday I stayed up until 10:00 working on this problem. (I started at 11:00 am, but took breaks of course) I swear this code was terrorizing me! :devil: I kept waking up from a half dream state and my dreams were like this: The code appeared in front of me in Command Prompt and I wasn't allowed to fall asleep until I fixed the code. Oddly, I kept waking up from that dream that kept coming back to me. I woke up at 10:30(I usually wake up earlier) and I sat myself down at the computer. An half hour later the problem was fixed. :D

I completely customized the text, and later the style of the email message with a div like this:

define('EMAIL_STYLE', '<div style="...

In the /catalog/create_account.php I added in the

$email_text = EMAIL_STYLE;

before the if statement for the EMAIL_GREET

What I didn't know to do was to put a "." in like this: $email_text .= EVERY TIME AFTER the first time we have $email_text

The first time it is written like $email_text =

I still don't know what the "." does here, but it works now and tonight I will be able to sleep well.

4. QTpro for osc 2.3

And Good To Know: