• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL On Create Account and Login

ms35d4

Hello

I am currently installing SSL certifcate for our site, Type: OsCommerce 2.2 RC2a

However during testing I notice that the ssl is only activated, on the

shopping cart once you select checkout. taking you to login.php

and also if you click the create account - which takes you to the create_account.php

which is all correct However there are other links to those pages on the site template, like a header bar on top and links at the bottom which for some reason dont got to https when clicked eventhough I believe they are going to those same pages,well it displays the right page

Please can someone clarify and help me out why this is happening as its got me pretty confused,

Regards

Examine the code.

Be sure the links you want to use SSL when available have the 3rd parameter 'SSL' as in the example below:

tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL')

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hello Germ

Once again thank you for your reply,

Please can you let me know which files I will find these links, I checked in includes/header.php

and see this

$login_link = tep_href_link('login.php');

and also in includes/footers.php

echo tep_href_link('create_account.php')

so do I change the pages I want ssl on to like this

echo tep_href_link('create_account.php','SSL')

Regards

Needs to be:

echo tep_href_link('create_account.php', '', 'SSL')

SSL has to be the 3rd parameter.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Thank you germ I made the changes as per your instructions now working fine,

However there is 1 more thing regarding the certificate once I click on the ssl pages, I get message

This page contains both secure and non secure items message box?

In firefox I check the detail of the certifcate on the bottom right hand side of the screen the padlock appears with red warning unauthorised content.

And when I click in the technical details it says

connections partially encrypted.

and Website identity is also shown as not verified

I supplied all the details to the ssl issuer Namecheap rapidssl certifcate,

Is there any way I can resolve this? as it not lookin to good on the site

Kind Regards

You can either PM me a link to the site, post the link, or follow the "SSL Implementation" link in my signature and download the SSL help contribution. It has a file in there that will help find "non-secure" items on a site.

I won't say it's "bullet-proof" but it is at a minimum helpful.

:)

If you decide to use it and it doesn't help you'll have to provide me with a link (one way or another) if you want my help. I can't help fix what I can't see.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Hello Germ

I didnt realise that was link how silly of me, I'm sorry I checked forum and so other being reffered to that page after I posted this on here, I installed that contribution before I saw your reply, and it is fantastic, it showed me the code

The code was background image I had

background-image : url(http://www.mydomain.co.uk/images/background-shadow.png);

I deleted that and now the issue is resolved, however I need to find another way of getting background image on the site without it causing issue with SSL

Kind Regards

issue resolved

I was incorrectly putting whole url when only

images/myimagename.png

was needed

Once again thank you germ - I think you are owed a lot of drinks all over the world seem to be helping so many out and tottaly overwhelmed by time and dedication you give to this forum, when you retire I think you should do oscommerce world tour

Great Stuff

Thank you once again

Kind Regards

• 5 months later...

Hello

I am currently installing SSL certifcate for our site, Type: OsCommerce 2.2 RC2a

However during testing I notice that the ssl is only activated, on the

shopping cart once you select checkout. taking you to login.php

and also if you click the create account - which takes you to the create_account.php

which is all correct However there are other links to those pages on the site template, like a header bar on top and links at the bottom which for some reason dont got to https when clicked eventhough I believe they are going to those same pages,well it displays the right page

Please can someone clarify and help me out why this is happening as its got me pretty confused,

Regards

Hey

I am experiencing the exact same problem but am unable to find where I need to edit the links. . . #

Can you help?

Many thanks

Archived