• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free shipping on certain products

Johnny123

Hi.

Basically what I want is to offer free shipping on certain products. How would I go about doing this?

I see that there are addons for 'individual shipping prices', however:

- They are all out of date

- Perhaps if I use this plugin they will have multiple shipping costs all in the same basket (what im saying is, combined shipping I want to be free).

So yeah I don't mean to confuse the issue by what I wrote above (just wrote it to show I'm not being lazy) so let me ask my question again:

How can I offer free shipping on selected products?

all help is greatly appreciated!

I can't edit the post above so here goes. Let me explain a little better.

I want an addon that lets you assign an item as free shipping. If a free shipping order is mixed with paid shipping orders, then the flat rate should still apply.

How do I go about doing this?

Again, other modifications (wether hacks or actual addons) all seem to be outdated.

Hi Bart.

Sorry about that, guess I got a little exited! I currently charge a flat rate shipping fee. Haven't configured any shipping by price/weight etc. I'd rather not use that workaround (that's if it still works on v2.3+) about giving fee shipping on products with 0 weight (as I am adding other products with 0 weight that will need shipping fees), but worst case scenario I will have to.

In regards to modules, if you're talking about shipping modules then none.

Is that enough info?

If you want I can PM you my store URL :)

Hate to be cheeky buddy but do you mind taking a look at this also: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/376326-how-to-sort-product-listings-on-category-view-in-ascending-order-by-price/

I'm more than willing to give you a little cash for your troubles as a goodwill gesture :)

• 2 years later...

Hi!

I have just installed Free Shipping Per Product - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8409 and I also have USPS Priority, Priority and Express shipping installed (currently using only Priority mail and shipping only to the US). I am having an issue with free shipping not showing up. I see it in admin and click the box to offer free shipping on a product, but when I get to checkout, it calculates it as the lowest amount available for Priority mail ($5.60). I was hoping someone would have an idea of what I can do. I have been pulling my hair out for the past few days and as I'm sure you can tell, I am pretty much a newbie at this.

I would appreciate any help that could be provided. :)

Edited by marcndannie