• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EASY POPULATE INSTRUCTIONS

maepl

I cannot figure out how anyone installed this. Copy file /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php into /catalog/admin/ or whatever folder you have placed the osCommerce admin. Copy file /catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php into /catalog/admin/ folder.

Copy file /catalog/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php into /catalog/admin/ folder. Copy the /catalog/admin/EPDocumentation/ folder (3 files) into your /catalog/admin/ folder.

if you take these instruction literally then you have copied the catalog/admin/ to your admin folder 4 times??? If you take just the contents

and put the first 2 php fils in the root of admin

easypopulate.php

easypopulate_functions.php

then the, table_block.php into the classes, but you have to replace this file because there is already a file that exists in the admin/includes/classes with the same name

and as far as the EPDocumentation do you take the whole folder into the admin and just drop it or do you take the all the contents out of the EPDocumentation and drop it in the admin root????

The temp folder I am not sure?? If I do not drop the catalog admin folder from the install into the store admin, the the temp must go in the store root, but if the catalog from the install get dropped in the admin root then I am not sure where to put the temp folder in the store root or the admin root or leave it in the catalog root??? When I say catalog root I mean the installed easy populate catalog not the oscommerce which I have changed its name to port.

Which now brings me to configuration .php files. Will this stay catalog or will I change it to port define ('EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'temp/'); since my store root is in a folder called port not catalog. So my direct path to the store admin is localhost/port/admin

The catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php" ??? The install instructions say to put this 'Easy Populate' . directly afer '' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '' . The dot suggests that it goes on the same line but not sure. To make matter worse what is in this folder are arrays which looks like they have been defined and the links looked defined as well so how does just dropping this 'Easy Populate' . do anything. By the way I tried it clearly no name or link appears in the products catalog.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I cannot figure out how anyone installed this. Copy file /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php into /catalog/admin/ or whatever folder you have placed the osCommerce admin. Copy file /catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php into /catalog/admin/ folder.

Copy file /catalog/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php into /catalog/admin/ folder. Copy the /catalog/admin/EPDocumentation/ folder (3 files) into your /catalog/admin/ folder.

if you take these instruction literally then you have copied the catalog/admin/ to your admin folder 4 times??? If you take just the contents

and put the first 2 php fils in the root of admin

easypopulate.php

easypopulate_functions.php

then the, table_block.php into the classes, but you have to replace this file because there is already a file that exists in the admin/includes/classes with the same name

and as far as the EPDocumentation do you take the whole folder into the admin and just drop it or do you take the all the contents out of the EPDocumentation and drop it in the admin root????

The temp folder I am not sure?? If I do not drop the catalog admin folder from the install into the store admin, the the temp must go in the store root, but if the catalog from the install get dropped in the admin root then I am not sure where to put the temp folder in the store root or the admin root or leave it in the catalog root??? When I say catalog root I mean the installed easy populate catalog not the oscommerce which I have changed its name to port.

Which now brings me to configuration .php files. Will this stay catalog or will I change it to port define ('EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'temp/'); since my store root is in a folder called port not catalog. So my direct path to the store admin is localhost/port/admin

The catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php" ??? The install instructions say to put this 'Easy Populate' . directly afer '' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '' . The dot suggests that it goes on the same line but not sure. To make matter worse what is in this folder are arrays which looks like they have been defined and the links looked defined as well so how does just dropping this 'Easy Populate' . do anything. By the way I tried it clearly no name or link appears in the products catalog.

Any help greatly appreciated.

You seem to be creating problems that dont exist. I installed this in about 2 minutes.

You seem to be creating problems that dont exist. I installed this in about 2 minutes.

I installed easy populate adds on. Where can I see the file on admin? How to make it work?

I have searched around easy populate adds on on my admin,there's no way I can find.

Help !!!

Thank you,

Maria

• 3 weeks later...