Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ikbel

euro sign in invoice pdf

5 posts in this topic

i use pdf_customer_invoice_v1.3, I use the euro sign and it is displayed without any errors. But as soon as a try to print a quote as a pdf, the euro-sign is replaced by € . (a strange couple of characters).

finally i find the solution: replace $s=str_replace("\r",'',$txt); by $s=eregi_replace("€", chr(128), $txt); in fpdf.php

A few problems there...

1) str_replace("\r",'',$txt) is getting rid of carriage return characters. What have you broken by eliminating that?

2) eregi_replace is a deprecated function and as soon as you go to PHP 5.3 you're going to get warnings. You should be using preg_replace.

3) chr(128) (x80) is applicable only to Windows-1252 character encoding (so-called "Smart Quotes" from Micro$oft). Beware of using it anywhere else, and make sure you know what character encodings are being used to create the PDF. As long as everything is consistent (the hard-coded Euro in the string, the replacement code, and what the PDF software is expecting), you're probably safe, but you'll be left twisting in the breeze if encodings change.

@MrPhil, but what solution you could give to us, please? I'm not a php ninja coder per se and could it be awesome some help around here.

For displaying a Euro sign, I would suggest defining the currency to be & euro; (close up the gap) rather than using a hard coded "binary" character code (128 or any other value/multibyte sequence). That will definitely work for osC page display; maybe it will work too for a PDF invoice, if its original source was HTML.