• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate

rhanna

Hello board,

I apologize in advance as this maybe an old topic. I have just lost my job (along with a 85 other people) and prospects are few and far between. I have decided to go into business for myself but I know nothing about web design. I have literally taught myself how to buy a domain, design a basic site and create index files.

Now that you have some background, I am reaching out to the community today because I have hit a wall. I cannot get easy populate to appear on my admin page and have done the installation three times. I think I am getting stuck on step three since my php file doesn't look exactly like the instructions:

STEP #3 - Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php"

Find this code (Around Line 25):'' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '' .

Directly AFTER add this: 'Easy Populate' .

Here is what mine looks like: 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

There are no periods or quotes after ATTRIBUTES, please don't flame me if I am over thinking this as I have no idea what I am doing.

Edited by rhanna

STEP #3 - Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php"

Find this code (Around Line 25):'' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '' .

Directly AFTER add this: 'Easy Populate' .

Here is what mine looks like: 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

I think it's different oscommerce version, you will need to update and adjust the code for your oscommerce version.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

The instructions are wrong.

After this:

array(
       'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)
     ),

add this:

array(
       'code' => 'easypopulate.php',
       'title' => 'Easy Populate',
       'link' => tep_href_link('easypopulate.php')
     ),

The instructions are wrong.

After this:

array(
       'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)
     ),

add this:

array(
       'code' => 'easypopulate.php',
       'title' => 'Easy Populate',
       'link' => tep_href_link('easypopulate.php')
     ),

Wow, That worked....Thank you so much!!!!

Thanks for posting back. I had the same problem, stared at it for 20 minutes before finding another version of the contribution with correct instructions. That one you downloaded is wrong, who knows how many people it confused.

Thanks for posting back. I had the same problem, stared at it for 20 minutes before finding another version of the contribution with correct instructions. That one you downloaded is wrong, who knows how many people it confused.

I apologize for the elementry issues I keep bring to this forum, I am now running into one more problem. as follows:

Temp Directory:

/hermes/bosweb/web042/b426/sl.norritecom/public_html/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is NOT Writable

I have changed all the setting many times over, from 744, 755 to 777 and Easy populate keeps reading the same error. I went as far as contact my hosting company and having them test the Temp directory, which they were able to write to without an issue. I am stuck again and could use some help, I have the easy populate administration page and can browse files I just keep getting the Temp Directory error. PLEASE HELP.

I apologize for the elementry issues I keep bring to this forum, I am now running into one more problem. as follows:

Temp Directory:

/hermes/bosweb/web042/b426/sl.norritecom/public_html/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is NOT Writable

I have changed all the setting many times over, from 744, 755 to 777 and Easy populate keeps reading the same error. I went as far as contact my hosting company and having them test the Temp directory, which they were able to write to without an issue. I am stuck again and could use some help, I have the easy populate administration page and can browse files I just keep getting the Temp Directory error. PLEASE HELP.

Here the result of trying to upload a file with the Temp directory error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php0uTUQX

User filename: Upload 1.csv

Size: 32176

##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

Here the result of trying to upload a file with the Temp directory error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php0uTUQX

User filename: Upload 1.csv

Size: 32176

##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

This is most likly the problem, I need to to the following I think but I have no idea how

Create Files in Temp Dir

Create entire file in server memory then save to Temp Dir after completed.

Create Complete .csv file in temp dir

Create Model/Price/Qty .csv file in temp dir

Create Model/Category .csv file in temp dir

Create Froogle .csv file in temp dir

Create Model/Attributes .csv file in temp dir

Are these excel tables?? can anyone post an example of how they are suppose to look so I have a point of reference?? I would greatly appericate any help, this is all brand new to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I encountered the same problem - but my catalog.php file looked different to the one in this thread (even though I am running v2.2)? It took me a while to find the instructions that related to my catalog.php, so thought I would post them here for others:

Find this code (Around Line 25):

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

Directly AFTER add this:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>' .

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered the same problem - but my catalog.php file looked different to the one in this thread (even though I am running v2.2)? It took me a while to find the instructions that related to my catalog.php, so thought I would post them here for others:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

Directly AFTER add this:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>' .

Thanks that worked for me had to also switch template_top & bottom.php for application_top & bottom.php in includes now trying to figure out the magic quotes issue.

Knowledge is useless, unless transferred.

Directly AFTER add this:

Thanks that worked for me had to also switch template_top & bottom.php for application_top & bottom.php in includes now trying to figure out the magic quotes issue.

Knowledge is useless, unless transferred.