• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

There has been an error processing your credit card.

riz-man

I have Oscommerce V2.2 RC2 and have installed Ponce's Sage Pay Server module.

I've set up the Sagepay Simulator to test everything.

Curl is enabled.

I have a dedicated IP Address.

My problem is when I reach the Order Confirmation page and click "Confirm Order", I get taken back to the Payment Information page (Url: checkout_payment.php?payment_error=sage_pay_server).

I get no error code...just:

There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

Does anyone know what has happened?

Riz

As far as I'm aware, the modules written by Harald on the current sage protocol are not compatible with the simulator. Have you tried with the test server instead?

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

As far as I'm aware, the modules written by Harald on the current sage protocol are not compatible with the simulator. Have you tried with the test server instead?

Forgive me in advance if this is a stupid question...but what (where) would the test servers be?

Thanks.

Riz

Forgive me in advance if this is a stupid question...but what (where) would the test servers be?

Thanks.

Riz

I've just tried changing the option to "Test" from "Simulator" and now I get the following error...

There has been an error processing your credit card

The VendorName is invalid or the account is not active. Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

The vendor name is correct but I'm still using the Simulator - so is this just a case of not being able to test my site with the simulator?.

The vendor name is correct but I'm still using the Simulator - so is this just a case of not being able to test my site with the simulator?.

Like I said, I don't think the simulator works on this module even though some code for it is there, I don't think the current sage protocol (2.23???) uses simulator. You need to use the "test" server at sagepay to test your account.

Did you set up a test account to use on the test server at sagepay? If you are not registered it won't work so I would try there first and forget about simulator.

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

Like I said, I don't think the simulator works on this module even though some code for it is there, I don't think the current sage protocol (2.23???) uses simulator. You need to use the "test" server at sagepay to test your account.

Did you set up a test account to use on the test server at sagepay? If you are not registered it won't work so I would try there first and forget about simulator.

Hi and thanks again.

I only realised a little later that, by test account, you meant the one that needs to be set up once you actually have a Sagepay account. We've yet to set one up.

I came across Sagepay's simulator on their website and it said you could test it out before signing up for an account...so that's what I did. It doesn't help that Ponce's Sage Pay Server module doesn't specify that simulator won't work with it...which would lead one to assume that it does.

In any case, for those that come across this post and have the same problem, the introduction page on Sagepay's simulator does say that in addition to a fixed IP address, you need your own server for this to work. Having spoken to Sagepay today, I was told that it could work with just the fixed IP address...but you might have problems.

That said, during my Google search, I'm pretty sure I came across a few posts that seemed to have used Ponce's Sage Pay Server module with Sagepay's simulator. Whilst they also ran into problems, they did actually receive error codes. It's to note that none of those posts I came across were resolved.

So in short...don't use Ponce's Sage Pay Server module with the simulator. It's taken almost a day and half for me to get to this point...hopefully this post will save someone some time in the future :blush:

Edited by riz-man