• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

checking to see if site is hacked

forest1

Hi

My site got hacked the other day

At first I thought it was just a bit of vandalism and nothing too serious cleaned it up

Then I got a letter from my hosting company saying they were suspending my account due to hacking problems and malicious files and folders

I have gone through the file directories and deleted all the most obvious bad stuff but I am concerned at missing somethings

Is there any software I can use to check if my site is OK

Like you check your computer for viruses

Is there anything I can run to check if its clean

Not really. The only way is to have a clean backup, nuke the entire site, and upload the clean backup. If you do not have a backup, then an option is to start fresh with 2.3.1. If you don't want to do that, then another option is to hire someone who knows oscommerce inside out who can manually check every file in your osc site, and cleanse it where necessary and then add security.

More reading; http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/375288-updated-security-thread/

Keith,

You can try this one, it is offered by a forum member and although it is not 100% accurate, it will list any known suspicious files.

Securi Scanner

Chris

My site got hacked the other day

At first I thought it was just a bit of vandalism and nothing too serious cleaned it up

Then I got a letter from my hosting company saying they were suspending my account due to hacking problems and malicious files and folders

I have gone through the file directories and deleted all the most obvious bad stuff but I am concerned at missing somethings

Is there any software I can use to check if my site is OK

Like you check your computer for viruses

Is there anything I can run to check if its clean

You could install the SiteMonitor contribution and run the hacker test. Also run the security checker on my site to verify most of the well-known security holes don't exist on your site.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Try this link - the rest of the site this is on is eyeopening for website security so take a good look around as well while you are there

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Archived