Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sammysumer

So what happend to OSCOM 3

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I am wondering whatever happened to OSCOM3. We got excited a couple of months ago and thought the project is alive.

Honestly guys, is OSCOM ever going to be released or not? let us know so we can decide to move on to other solutions or wait.

Thanks

"From April we are going to:

Be active in the community to help developers understand the framework and store owners its user features

Update remaining Applications and Modules that were not finalized for the v3.0 release

Provide a database import tool for existing v2.2RC2, v2.3.1 and v3.0A5 users

Start a localization site for translators to use and build language translation packages

Document v3.0 framework and user features

Finalize MS SQL Server database abstraction queries

Extend the CoreUpdate Application to also support installed Add-Ons

Allow Phar packaged Add-Ons to be tested without the need to install them first

Continually improve existing features and introduce exciting new features"

gotcha! XD

It's a big dissapoiment for the people who was waiting for two months and nothing happens.

I don't know why they announced "The biggest milestone in our history" which never comes, maybe because they want to keep and expand the corporate sponsors...?

I was really excited about the new changes and everything that was happening but we seem to have hit a bit of a stall. OSC3 is VERY close to complete with the only major features left are the porting of the admin applications from 3.0a5 to the OSCOM platform. If just this were complete the codebase would be workable for many shops. Any updates about the future of OSCOM3?

Gee, what a suprise, no comment from the OSC gods. The only thing keeping OSC going, is the community....

This is my favorite campaign promise:

Be active in the community to help developers understand the framework and store owners its user features

Chris

Some facts: Haralds last post in the forum was on April 21, Marks on May 1

The Github is updating !!!

The 28th of june will be great ! Shout it to the world ...

I guess I have to be that guy and revive this thread. Harald? Mark? Any update would be appreciated :) We are so close to a usable v3 and we stalled out, anything on the horizon?

There was a comment from Harald here

In general, I would say lets stay patient, it will be ready when it's ready, and since there are no countdowns and fireworks and such I don't see a problem in this, till then there is 2.3.1 available that is nice and working

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0