• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to make variations in one Product entry?

chickeneps

This may be obvious, so forgive me.

Over time I start having way to many SKU's because with a product entry it just "is what it is". People select it and order from it.

There are many product entries I have that are really ONE thing, and there are maybe 12 variations of it. I'd like it if that one entry could have like a drop-down box that would indicate a specific variation of the product.

For example (this isn't my case by for example), say someone orders a drape, and they want to select if it's red, yellow, or blue. I don't want 3 SKU's (Red Drape, Yellow Drape, Blue Drape), I want one called "Drape" and a drop down that would make the order wind up to be (e.g.) "Drape (Red)" etc.

How is this done? Is it out of the box, or what is the best add-on for this?

Product attributes

That's how to get the software to automatically create a dropdown for product variations.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

As germ says. Use the standard product atributes within your admin section. You may need to add a contribution to sort the order of the attributes.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived