• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding a Bitcoin payment module

r2k-in-the-vortex

The 'specs' would come from Bicoin. They should be offering a white paper on their API requirements. Once received you can integrate their requirements into osCommerce.

Chris

The 'specs' would come from Bicoin. They should be offering a white paper on their API requirements. Once received you can integrate their requirements into osCommerce.

Chris

i figured there were some specifics on the osCommerce side to be conserned about,

if not then maybe for example Zen Cart bitcoin module can be used without much modifications?

there is no need to reimplement the actual bitcoin client at all,

the payment module just needs to

1. give customer an order specific address to send payments to(new address is created for every new payment for security reasons),

2. record customer return address(in case order is canceled and funds must be returned)

3. and monitor from running bitcoin client when the payment has been received

Edited by r2k-in-the-vortex

Zen Cart modules are very similar to osCommerce modules. You'll need to change the database functions but probably not much else. I'm willing to help if you need it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Zen Cart modules are very similar to osCommerce modules. You'll need to change the database functions but probably not much else. I'm willing to help if you need it.

Regards

Jim

i figured zencart module might be close match, any help would be appreciated. main issue is that i dont have a test site up and running anywhere.

i could put one up, i figure its not much of a problem, but it might go faster if there was some testsite up and running somewhere that i could access?

Set up a test server on your development machine using XAMPP (or similar.) I took another look at the code -- there are a few changes needed other than the database class, but it doesn't look like that much. I'll see what I can do.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Hello, maybe this is an old thread. 

Is there a good working module for adding Bitcoin BTC as only payment on website using Phoenix Oscommerce?

I have my own node running, and want to hook this up. 

Is there someone out there that is using this today?

many thanks