• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

version 1.4 -- NewsDesk released!

moyashi

Hi there,

mine works every well, the only things that don't work is the breadcrums in the newsdesk_info.php

when showing the news/articles, my navigating breadcrumbs have only

Home

instead of

Home > Articles > new

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Emiliano,

Missed you. :D

Hmmm, 2007 or 2008 :shock: ummm, I don't think I'll be around :roll:

Figured you'd be back July or August either way :D

Good luck with studies :D

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

i?m studying.. trying to become an engineer is really a hard task..

i?ll be back after july i hope.. people, i know is hard to live without me... but try to survive.. come on!

cheers

emiliano

ps: new features for 1.5?

patagonia, argentina

Hi Carsten,

I was trying the insert/available date with the small calendar when inserting an article, and it look like it is not working...

manybe you can amend it for the newsdesk 1.5 ver

Thanks

Salvo

@ emilano

Yeah, basically they're the same with a few changes in code (FAQDesk is a little better, I've learned alot from NewsDesk which helped with making FAQDesk). However, FAQDesk isn't really for news.

@ Salvo

:oops: yeah, I know about that. I kept forgetting to get around to look into that. I'll put that on my todo list for 1.5.

missing functions for pre-November 2002 snapshots.

For those of you who have a tep_get_uploaded_file try adding this code to newsdesk_general.php

function tep_get_uploaded_file($filename) {

if (isset($_FILES[$filename])) {

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $_FILES[$filename]['name'],

'type' => $_FILES[$filename]['type'],

'size' => $_FILES[$filename]['size'],

'tmp_name' => $_FILES[$filename]['tmp_name']);

} elseif (isset($GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_FILES'][$filename])) {

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['name'],

'type' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['type'],

'size' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['size'],

'tmp_name' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['tmp_name']);

} else {

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_name'],

'type' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_type'],

'size' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_size'],

'tmp_name' => $GLOBALS[$filename]);

}

return $uploaded_file;

}

Sorry for the very late response to this. It was just that I wasn't thinking correctly and got caught up in some other work.

:oops:

Hello Folks,

as osCommerce and NewsDesk are working fine now :?: (apart from some minor bugs), I want to come back to a question mentioned in this forum a few weeks earlier.

consoleplus

Matthew Hudd

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but does this newsdesk allow showing category specific news, can it show say all news on the main page, then just category specific news under each category ?  

Hope the question makes sense  

Cheers  

Matt  

www.consoleplus.co.uk  

It would be also great, if the news displayed could automatically match with the product-category. In order to present both, products and news in according subcategories on one page.

Any idea someone? Or will that be a longer database query :?:

Regards,

Annakin

OK, first part done. :)

You just have to change the table definitions in both (catalog/admin) application_top.php from TABLE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES to TABLE_CATEGORIES the same for TABLE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION.

Furthermore there are some instances of "catagory", which must changed to categories - in:

catalog/newsdesk_index.php

catalog/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php

admin/newsdesk.php

admin/includes/functions/newsdesk_general.php

admin/includes/languages/"language"/newsdesk.php

After that you have the same categories for products and news.

Todo:

Create a box like "New Products for April" where the news are displayed accordingly.

I think I?ll give it a try this evening or tomorrow.

Annakin

TODO: create an infobox where products related to the article you are reading are show.. this is a MUST

if i write an article about how i get my car run so fast i will like to have an infobox showing "my special oil to make car run faster than ever" product..

i?d be a great feature!!! maybe create a NEWSDESK_ARTICLE_TO_PRODUCTS table is the better way to do it.. i could do it, i think, but i simply don?t have time to code.. sorry..

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

hmmm, changing from NewsDesk tables to osC tables isn't probably the best way to do it. I agree with Emiliano. Having a seperate table or adding on to a NewsDesk table is better. This way if osC tables ever change you can still run NewsDesk without the system falling apart.

Unless are you trying to create a better description system for products?

Cross referencing is probably the better way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one languages with ID number 5, i find out this program only work with ID languages 1-4 . What can i do with this???Where in the code can i change so it will work with more ID over 4?

woops,

I didn't expect their to be more than 4 languages. hmmm, the big problem area is in the admin. You just need to go into fagdesk.php and a few other files that run the editor; basically all you have to do is copy>>paste>>rename. Other than that I don't think there was much else that was involved.

I didn't want to restrict the number of languages originally, but I'm more of hack in javascript than php so I ended up taking a short cut to cover my lack of abilities.

:wink: oh well ... I didn't really expect it would work with newer snapshots since the release of MS1. I'm not sure off the release dates of the next MS releases and had figured that I shouldn't go off and start supporting snapshots since so many are still on pre-MS1 snapshots or have recently upgraded to MS1.

To fix that problem best bet would be too copy that function from general.php and rename it to newsdesk_get_upload_file and paste it into newsdesk_genreal.php. Then you need to change all references from products to newsdesk ones.

I don't imagine it to be that hard. However I haven't downloaded a snapshot since I started to deal with MS1. Just too many things on my desk right now :wink: haha ... slight pun there.

Good Luck

@ next release information

I haven't started yet, but I hope to get to this either nextweek or at least sometime in April. I'll be cleaning up code, adding authors, better category listings and search ability. Current "paid" work will reflect back in v1.5 ... now I just need to get to this upgrade :roll:

This is a fantastic mod! Thanks and well done for all your work!

I am having problems with the above though. I can't find this function anywhere and, without it, my Internet Explorer keeps shutting down (fatal error). Anyone able to post this function here for me so I can add it to my functions file???

PLEASE! Anyone with this working HAS this function so it won't take much to track it down and post it for me!

Thanks so much in advance.

ugh, I saw a thread started by somebody else here on the forums that took care of this that included the functions that you need. I'm not sure if it was in the NewsDesk or FaqDesk related but a search for either of the 2 should help. Both of my mods use similar functions, you just need to rename the tables.

Good luck ...

If I find some time this week I'll take a deeper look myself.