• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

version 1.4 -- NewsDesk released!

moyashi

What I really would love to see are the following things.

RSS Feed, an idea, you can choose different RSS feeds from diferent sites and let them show up on your newsdesk!!

News shown by day.

------

news wednesday bla bla march

------

news

news

news

------

news thursday blabla march

news

news

news

And when you click on an news item, that at the bottom of the file two other news items are being parsed.

Even more, a reply system like there already is, but with the option to give points to the reply somebody gave, for example, you didn't like the comment he made you give him a -1 and if you liked it you give him a +1, at the end of the story you earned 10 + points because you give good comments.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Message for Moyashi

Hey Moyashi,

I am using a version of osCommerce called oscpro that comes bundled with your newsdesk and faqdesk contribs.

I have a couple of questions about them and I was wondering of you would be able to help me?

I was wanting to add a search functionality to it much the same way that the shop search works.

Kind regards,

Luke Byrne

Hi all,

thanks for moyashi for a great contib, I have just loaded 10000+ articles into it and it handles it perfectly. I have a couple of quick questions.

1. Has anyone added a search to it yet? - Much the same as the search for the shop products

2. Has anyone added any pagination on the admin section. I have four categories holding the 10000+ articles and there is no pagination so it takes a while for the pages to load up with an av. of 2500 articles per page, the search however works liek a charm and it is this or something else that I want to bring onto the front of the site.

if so can anyone post soem links to any sites they know of that are working.

Looking forward to any responses.

kind regards,

Luke Byrne

• 4 weeks later...

is there a line of code missing in newsdesk_index.php as I have this

if (($categories['categories_image'] = 'NULL') or categories) {
} else {
$print_echo = "tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT)";
}

there seems to be an empty statement here

categories) {
} else {
$print_echo

I get a parse error unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING

can someone post a complete catalog/newsdesk_index.php or a solution

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Has anyone gotten the Newsdesk working fully with osc 2.2MS2

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Hi

i fixed nearly all bugs

but there is one error that drives me crazy :D

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/v095656/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php:237) in /www/htdocs/v095656/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

on line 237 is written :

tep_session_register('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS');

on line 18 :

header('Location: ' . $url);

The error occures at the last steps of some actions

for example activate specials oder adding new products ( of cousre the last step of newsdesk too )

i dont know whre the error comes from

maybe wrong position of the descriptions in the appl.top

but where i have to add them ?

please help a small german shop owner

*sorry for my bad English* :ph34r:

hey guys :-)

I stille have this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_uploaded_file() in c:\programmer\apache\apache\htdocs\dvdjay\admin\newsdesk.php on line 918

what do I do??

If the answer is postet, please tell me where. just cant finde out by my self..

thanks alot to u alle :-)

John

Has anyone got an answer/fix for this one...please?

Has anyone managed to get the RSS feed for Newsdesk to work?

If so, could you say how (where the file should be located & setup)? There seem to be no instructions for this.

I've followed all the advide in this thread and successfully got Newsdesk to work on MS 2

Juju

Edited by jujuhost

hey guys :-)

I stille have this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_uploaded_file() in c:\programmer\apache\apache\htdocs\dvdjay\admin\newsdesk.php on line 918

what do I do??

If the answer is postet, please tell me where. just cant finde out by my self..

thanks alot to u alle :-)

John

Change the function "get_uploaded_file" to "is_uploaded_file." You have to use the function names set by MS2 in the includes/functions/general.php file

This is the most common set of reasons newsdesk 1.4 isn't compatible with MS2. It uses functions that aren't defined in general.php and elsewhere. I've got all of the incompatibility errors resolved but now I can't figure out how to add images successfully through Admin. I get no errors, but also no images are uploaded either.

J. Quest

hi all ... i just read the 24 pages of the thread but i didnt findtwo answers to my questions :

1. why don't faqdesk or newsdesk use a WYSIWUG like htmarea , used in several other article or news contributions (like article manager) ?

2.does someone got any advice to make the newsdesk box show all the category and subcategories and even articles , like some contribution did for the category box ?

in fact i would like it to be like a tree view or even dhtml ...

MS2

Anyone yet got the RSS newfeed for Newsdesk working?

Also - I notice that if I preview a news item for publishing and then go back to the news tory page to edit if - if there is an apostrophe - the \ escape characters have not been stripped out.

Could anyone help me with where and how the stripslashes function is added in newsdesk.php to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Juju

I have been reading the forum for 3 days and trying all versions of news desk, the only one I can get to work is ripped out of a loaded package.

Is this contribution comolete or are members waiting for fixes for this version. I have not seen any additional bug fixes realeased. I am having all the same issues as other people are reporting.

Jimmy

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

Jimmie,

If you go to this loaded version

oscpro.com

it has a working version of the newsesk in it which I use, currently have over 12000 artilces in the DB and it works fine, give it a bash. Also I have some search code that you can add to this version to make the newsdesk searchable.

$50 US but worth every cent and the Captain is a guru, has given me so much support and help to set up my site, he knows the oscommerce system inside out.

Check this site to see it in action.

www.centreforavaition.com

Anymore questiosn ask.

Luke

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone figure out the solution for this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_a

select count(select p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as final_price from newsdesk_description pd, newsdesk p left join manufacturers m on p.newsdesk_id = m.manufacturers_id, newsdesk_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.newsdesk_id = s.products_id where p.newsdesk_status = \'1\' and p.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p2c.categories_id = \'9\' order by pd.newsdesk_article_name) as total 

[TEP STOP]

Any help would be really appreciated. This ones got me stumped

hello,

i notice that in the select count got 2 p.newsdesk_date_added, try delete one of the p.newsdesk_date_added, it should work. :D

eppies,

I had already noticed that but i can not find a refrence to 2 "p.newsdesk_date_added" in the file. thats why i am so confused. is it reffering to another file if so which one.

BTW this is newsdesk_index.php

and an example of it can be seen on the test site here:

http://www.inquisitivemind.com.au/musclege...php/newsPath/19

Thanks all for your help.

I have the same error.

Everything else works except the page which shows all of the Articles by Categories.

That page gives a SQL error.

Any help?

• 1 year later...
Ok i have the mod working fine in MS2 now apart from one issue.

I have Ian's Poll mod installed, and when i visit pollbooth.php fter making a vote or viewing a comment i get the following error from the newsdesk box.

this one has me beat.... anyone seen this before?

Has anyone else seen this problem? I have the mod installed, but on certain pages (poll pages and some of the information boxes) I get this error.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

• 4 years later...

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please explain what stickies are? It seems like they have a specific function, but I couldn't figure it out from the update release notes.

Thanks for looking!

Sorry if this seems like a silly question.

Best regards,

Jonathan Martin

ClearSkyDomains.com