osCommerce

The e-commerce.

version 1.4 -- NewsDesk released!

moyashi

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah i have it almost all sorted now, forgot to make the page split changes... :rolleyes:

I have one issue however that i just cant figure out.

I cant seem to upload any images via the admin.

I get no errors but no images either. I also get a red x (no image) directly under the language flag.

anyone have any ideas?

Ok i have the mod working fine in MS2 now apart from one issue.

I have Ian's Poll mod installed, and when i visit pollbooth.php fter making a vote or viewing a comment i get the following error from the newsdesk box.

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/stadmin/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 87

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/stadmin/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 94

this one has me beat.... anyone seen this before?

Ok, Installation done in OSC MS2, I have erased all INSERTS in SQL code, but is not working with MS2, I get this errors when try to creat new category in admin

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/aflopes/public_html/shop/catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 66

Somebody know the code changes to put this working on OSC MS2?

Regards

Andre.

Edited by lopes_andre

Ok, I have this contribution installed in my OSC MS2 with the replace on newsdesk.php of "tep_array_merge to just array_merge".

With this replace the contribution its working on MS2 but not 100%

When I create a category, the category is created but gives this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /home/aflopes/public_html/shop/catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 92

The second error I have is this. When I try to post news on this screen(image above), my Internet Explorer crashes :(

newsdesk.JPG

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Regards, Andre.

Edited by lopes_andre

Hi ! :angry:

I have install the NewsDesk.... and i got to the part in the install that i need to test the admin section of the module...

when i try to enter the admin section i get a SQL error.... and the modules isn't working... can some one please can tell me how to fix?

I have to be able to have in my OSC some content....

Thanks,

holyone.

Did anyone figure out the solution for this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_a

select count(select p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as final_price from newsdesk_description pd, newsdesk p left join manufacturers m on p.newsdesk_id = m.manufacturers_id, newsdesk_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.newsdesk_id = s.products_id where p.newsdesk_status = \'1\' and p.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p2c.categories_id = \'9\' order by pd.newsdesk_article_name) as total 

[TEP STOP]

Any help would be really appreciated. This ones got me stumped

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_a

select count(select p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as final_price from newsdesk_description pd, newsdesk p left join manufacturers m on p.newsdesk_id = m.manufacturers_id, newsdesk_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.newsdesk_id = s.products_id where p.newsdesk_status = \'1\' and p.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p2c.categories_id = \'9\' order by pd.newsdesk_article_name) as total 

[TEP STOP]

hello,

i notice that in the select count got 2 p.newsdesk_date_added, try delete one of the p.newsdesk_date_added, it should work. :D

I, too, am receiving the frustrating error 1064

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') as total' at line 1

select count() as total 

[TEP STOP]

This only occurs if I activate Categories from the admin control panel, then select a category from the Category InfoBox. I have gone through the code with a fine-tooth comb, and cannot find where this is occurring.

[TEP STOP]

hello,

i notice that in the select count got 2 p.newsdesk_date_added, try delete one of the p.newsdesk_date_added, it should work. :D

eppies,

I had already noticed that but i can not find a refrence to 2 "p.newsdesk_date_added" in the file. thats why i am so confused. is it reffering to another file if so which one.

BTW this is newsdesk_index.php

and an example of it can be seen on the test site here:

http://www.inquisitivemind.com.au/musclege...php/newsPath/19

Thanks all for your help.

inquisitivemind,

I think he meant that there were two occurrances of the p.newsdesk_date_added in the statement:

p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added,

that's right Admiral Keth, that's what i mean. :lol:

inquisitivemind,

I think he meant that there were two occurrances of the p.newsdesk_date_added in the statement:

p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added,

that's right Admiral Keth, that's what i mean. :lol:

I realise that is what he meant but i cant find these occurances in the file. ie if i do a find "p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added" it say can not find. and evene whe i find "p.newsdesk_date_added" and manually look for two occurances of this in the same statement nothing turns up i can post the file here if it helps?

It appears as if both Newsdesk and Faqdesk are experiencing the same issue with regards to Category functionality and the dreaded 1064 error...it doesn't work.

After spending hours commenting and uncommenting code, I've come to the conclusion that, if you want to use this contribution, you must disable Categories in the Admin control panel and simply use the Articles feature.

Is there anyone who has succeeded in getting Categories in either Newsdesk or Faqdesk to properly function? If so, please post a link to a copy of newsdesk_index.php so we can compare code.

I'm no slouch at PHP/MySQL, but this has me perplexed.

Hey again,

looks like I fixed it...

in includes/modules/newsdesk_listing.php, replace

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_SEARCH_RESULTS, $listing_numrows_sql, $listing_numrows);

with:

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.newsdesk_id');

and the error is gone...

[/code]

OK, this solution worked for my particular error. Thanks, beffy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey guys :-)

please forgive if the answer is in one of the previous 22 pages :-)

but I have read the pages so many times now and just cant finde the answer.

I stille have this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_uploaded_file() in c:\programmer\apache\apache\htdocs\dvdjay\admin\newsdesk.php on line 918

what do I do??

If the answer is postet, please tell me where. just cant finde out by my self..

thanks alot to u alle :-)

John

Where is the anykey??

Hi it's me again :-)

Sorry guys but it's a mess now! Dont know what happend but now I cant get access to my admin page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_href_link() in c:\programmer\apache\apache\htdocs\dvdjay\admin\index.php on line 21

I realy hope someone can help now, it's not funny not being able to update/add new products.

please help me.

Thanks alot again

john

Where is the anykey??

lo All,

NewsDesk and FaqDesk were broken by MS2. The main developer of osc felt that it wasn't important enough to inform developers of contributions that several major changes to parts of the code happened.

Due to this reason, Myself and I'm sure many others got frustrated and just basically took a major haitus in regards to development. Why debug code that could have been recorded or introduced a developers section on the site to prevent such problems.

I have basically finished the conversions of FaqDesk and NewsDesk to work with MS2. The fixes were extrememly easy but the troubleshooting part was horribly tedious and time consuming.

I will be releasing these as soon as I finish testing and payed work that I need to finish first.

I'm hoping to have these out within the next 2 weeks.

cheers.

Moyashi -- Carsten

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::