• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

version 1.4 -- NewsDesk released!

moyashi

No mattr what editor I use, I get the following:

Sorry your Query failed: newsdesk ( newsdesk_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, newsdesk_image varchar(64) default NULL, newsdesk_image_two varchar(64) default NULL, newsdesk_image_three varchar(64) default NULL, newsdesk_date_added datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', newsdesk_last_modified datetime default NULL, newsdesk_date_available datetime default NULL, newsdesk_status tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', newsdesk_sticky tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', PRIMARY KEY (newsdesk_id), KEY idx_newsdesk_date_added (newsdesk_date_added) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

error:You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'newsdesk ( newsdesk_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, newsdesk_image var' at line 1 Number of Rows affected: -1

WHere am I messing up?

Thanks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get this errorwhen i clci on a news link from in the box located in the front page:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESmodules/newsdesk/newsdesk_article_require.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/arabianc/public_html/shop/newsdesk_info.php on line 246

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_INCLUDESmodules/newsdesk/newsdesk_article_require.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/arabianc/public_html/shop/newsdesk_info.php on line 246

and this error when i click the news catagory in the news box located in the front page:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_url, p.newsdesk_stat' at line 1

select count(select pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_url, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as final_price from newsdesk_description pd, newsdesk p left join manufacturers m on p.newsdesk_id = m.manufacturers_id, newsdesk_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.newsdesk_id = s.products_id where p.newsdesk_status = '1' and p.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '1' order by pd.newsdesk_article_name) as total 

[TEP STOP]

i managed to solve the second error , now i get this error when i click on the new catagory link in the news box, the error appears at the top of the news table:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/XXXX/public_html/shop/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 59

i managed to solve the second error , now i get this error when i click on the new catagory link in the news box, the error appears at the top of the news table:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/XXXX/public_html/shop/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 59

if anyone has got this error do the following:

open shop/includes/modules/newsdesk_listing.php

Searsh for (around line 5 or 6):

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_SEARCH_RESULTS, $listing_sql, $listing_numrows);

then replace it with:

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.newsdesk_id');

i get this error when i clck on the news link in the Latest News box located in the front page:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESmodules/newsdesk/newsdesk_article_require.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/arabianc/public_html/shop/newsdesk_info.php on line 246 

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_INCLUDESmodules/newsdesk/newsdesk_article_require.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/arabianc/public_html/shop/newsdesk_info.php on line 246

any help here?

ok i solved it temporary.

quick fix

======

open: newsdesk_info.php

search for ( line 268):

<?php

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS ) {

if ($reviews_values['count'] > 0) {

require (FILENAME_NEWSDESK_ARTICLE_REQUIRE);

}

}

?>

replace with:

<?php

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS ) {

if ($reviews_values['count'] > 0) {

//require (FILENAME_NEWSDESK_ARTICLE_REQUIRE);

require (DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/newsdesk/newsdesk_article_require.php');

}

}

?>

as you can see i used the acual value (DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/newsdesk/newsdesk_article_require.php')

instead of (FILENAME_NEWSDESK_ARTICLE_REQUIRE) becuase the value for was wrong, and i could not find where to check and correct the value for: require (FILENAME_NEWSDESK_ARTICLE_REQUIRE);

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say this is a great contribution and was wondering if there is a planned 1.5 version anytime in the future? Looks like a number of people have been looking for 1.5 now for a few months. As I'm sure there are still many MS1 users still about who have not upgraded to MS2 would 1.5 also be backwards compatible?

As for additions.. It would be nice to be able to select, not only the "Date formated as", but to select the date it should be displayed at. For example.. If I login today and forgot that something should have been posted yesterday it would be nice to be able to select yesterdays date for it to be posted.

Might not be a hugely used feature but it would still be nice :-)

Again.. great contrib!

If you installed it correctly there should be an Admin link for it. Did you add the link in admin > includes > column_left.php ie..

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'newsdesk.php');

Remember.. there were 2 parts to this install.. One for the catalog section and the second for the admin. You also needed to install the sql data.

Thanks for the help and this is what I get:

1146 - Table 'bur.table_newsdesk_configuration_group' doesn't exist

select configuration_group_id as cgID, configuration_group_title as cgTitle from TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP where visible = '1' order by sort_order

When I look at the tables, I think, I see the Table 'bur.table_newsdesk_configuration_group'

I am brand new to this database stuff. With the

select configuration_group_id as cgID, configuration_group_title as cgTitle from TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP where visible = '1' order by sort_order

What do I do here?

Thanks again

The error tells you whats wrong.. The table bur.table_newsdesk_configuration_group doesn't exist. That being said where did you get that from??

I dont have any referances to a table called bur.table_newsdesk_configuration_group. I've looked both in my database and the newsdesk.sql file. I do however have a table called newsdesk_configuration_group.

I would suggest accessing your database (using phpmyadmin) and either renaming the table correctly or removing the 9 newsdesk tables and re-add them as something is wrong. You should also look through all the changed and added files for this as well. You did backup all the files before making changes??

Also there is a problem with the newsdesk.sql file containing some problems. See pages 1 throught 6 of this forum for more details and a fix. Page 4 comes to mind but I forget just offhand.

Note... backup backup backup!!! This cannot be stressed enough!!

The error tells you whats wrong.. The table bur.table_newsdesk_configuration_group doesn't exist. That being said where did you get that from??

I dont have any referances to a table called bur.table_newsdesk_configuration_group. I've looked both in my database and the newsdesk.sql file. I do however have a table called newsdesk_configuration_group.

I would suggest accessing your database (using phpmyadmin) and either renaming the table correctly or removing the 9 newsdesk tables and re-add them as something is wrong. You should also look through all the changed and added files for this as well. You did backup all the files before making changes??

Also there is a problem with the newsdesk.sql file containing some problems. See pages 1 throught 6 of this forum for more details and a fix. Page 4 comes to mind but I forget just offhand.

Note... backup backup backup!!! This cannot be stressed enough!!

The table bur.table_newsdesk_configuration_group

The "bur" is the database name. My site and through phpmyadmin the table is really named "newsdesk_configuration_group". It's there, but for some reason it's not finding it. I will go ahead and drop all of the newsdesk tables and start over. I do see an update in the nd_v_1.4 named upgrade_newsdesk.sql. Is that an update to the database and what is the LOADED 5 version?

Thanks for your help. I'll getter with help and do appreciate all of it!!

PS I do backup all of the time before and after anything. :wink:

Thanks again!

PS...

This is what the Tools in admin show.

Configuration

Catalog

Modules

Customers

Locations / Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

Database Backup

Banner Manager

Cache Control

Define Languages

File Manager

Send Email

Newsletter Manager

Server Info

Who's Online

BOX_HEADING_NEWSDESK

That looks wrong as compaired to the rest. :lol:

Thanks again...

PS...

This is what the Tools in admin show.

BOX_HEADING_NEWSDESK  

That looks wrong as compaired to the rest. :lol:

Thanks again...

Yup.. This needs to be a define in admin/includes/languages/english.php

Such as define('BOX_HEADING_NEWSDESK', 'NewsDesk');

You are missing that. Just so you know.. I went through and installed it following the install_catalog.txt then the install_admin.txt. Once that was done I applied the changes to the newsdesk.sql which was outlined earlier in this thread. I think on page 4. Here is a diff output of the changes I made before inporting the newsdesk.sql file...

diff newsdesk.sql newsdesk.sql_20030818_01 

288c288

< INSERT INTO newsdesk_description (newsdesk_id, language_id, newsdesk_article_name, newsdesk_article_description, newsdesk_article_shorttext, newsdesk_article_url, newsdesk_article_viewed, newsdesk_image_text, newsdesk_image_text_two, newsdesk_image_text_three) VALUES (1, 1, 'Stickies are here!', '<b>Stickies have been implemented in v1.4</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?nIsnt this a nifty feature?', '<b>Welcome to the Sticky area</b>', '', 5, '', '', ''),

---

> INSERT INTO newsdesk_description (newsdesk_id, language_id, newsdesk_article_name, newsdesk_article_description, newsdesk_article_shorttext, newsdesk_article_url, newsdesk_article_viewed, newsdesk_image_text, newsdesk_image_text_two, newsdesk_image_text_three) VALUES (1, 1, 'Stickies are here!', '<b>Stickies have been implemented in v1.4</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?nIsn?'t this a nifty feature?', '<b>Welcome to the Sticky area</b>', '', 5, '', '', ''),

291c291

< (2, 1, 'NewsDesk version 1.4', '<b>NewsDesk version 1.4 RELEASED!</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?nWith the great help of a few brave souls we can all now enjoy a newer and more powerful, flexible, function rich (<i>too rich?</i>) NewsDesk!<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<ul><li>Mulitple images</li><li>Review Approvals</li><li>RSS</li><li>HTML Bar Editing</li><li>Remove Images</li><li>Subtitles for Images</li><li>And of course Stickies</li></ul><br />?r?nI hope that you?will enjoy your NewsDesk!', '<b>Welcome to NewsDesk version 1.4</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?n<i>Special thanks to those who helped with Beta Testing!</i>', '', 9, '', '', ''),

---

> (2, 1, 'NewsDesk version 1.4', '<b>NewsDesk version 1.4 RELEASED!</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?nWith the great help of a few brave souls we can all now enjoy a newer and more powerful, flexible, function rich (<i>too rich?</i>) NewsDesk!<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<ul><li>Mulitple images</li><li>Review Approvals</li><li>RSS</li><li>HTML Bar Editing</li><li>Remove Images</li><li>Subtitles for Images</li><li>And of course Stickies</li></ul><br />?r?nI hope that you?'ll enjoy your NewsDesk!', '<b>Welcome to NewsDesk version 1.4</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?n<i>Special thanks to those who helped with Beta Testing!</i>', '', 9, '', '', ''),

294c294

< (3, 1, '3 images !!!', '<s>3 images</s> !!!<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<u>NewsDesk version 1.4</u> now has the capability to use 3 images plus <sub>subtitles</sub>.<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<sup>Yippe</sup> Isnt life grand?', '<b>NOW up to 3 images can be used!!!</b>', '', 32, 'action', 'cartoons', 'graphic'),

---

> (3, 1, '3 images !!!', '<s>3 images</s> !!!<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<u>NewsDesk version 1.4</u> now has the capability to use 3 images plus <sub>subtitles</sub>.<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<sup>Yippe</sup> Isn?'t life grand?', '<b>NOW up to 3 images can be used!!!</b>', '', 32, 'action', 'cartoons', 'graphic'),

304c304

< (3, 1, 'I wonder who?will approve this review just to read it ????r?n?r?n:-D');

---

> (3, 1, 'I wonder who?'ll approve this review just to read it ????r?n?r?n:-D');

Basically I removed the ' and reworded things such as Isn 't to Isnt and you 'll to you will. Hope this helps.

Hi Adrenolin,

I went through and removed the ' and what appeared to be Greek symbols. That when fine and I got the BOX_HEADING_NEWSDESK

worked out thanks to you, but still can't bring the config up as stated before. I'll keep trying.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i have a few errors in the admin area!

Article Management

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/www/web44/html/avsbereich/catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 1296

In Listing Settings,Frontpage Settings ,Reviews Settings and Sticky Settings

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/www/web44/html/avsbereich/catalog/admin/newsdesk_configuration.php on line 109

For Example in News Story in the catagory "Top" i can?t see any images and when i click on preview i get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /home/www/web44/html/avsbereich/catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 918

When I click (newsbox in my shop) for example on images i get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_url, p.newsdesk_stat' at line 1

select count(select pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_url, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as final_price from newsdesk_description pd, newsdesk p left join manufacturers m on p.newsdesk_id = m.manufacturers_id, newsdesk_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.newsdesk_id = s.products_id where p.newsdesk_status = \'1\' and p.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p2c.categories_id = \'1\' order by pd.newsdesk_article_name) as total

Hope, anyone can help :rolleyes:

Best Regards

espacio

Remove the "tep" from the codes

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/www/web44/html/avsbereich/catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 1296

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_merge() in /home/www/web44/html/avsbereich/catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 1296

Do a search for this because it is in a couple places...

That fixed some of my problems, however I still crash during update?

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

The error tells you whats wrong.. The table bur.table_newsdesk_configuration_group doesn't exist.

I also got this exact same problem using MS2.

The SQL-file problem is a separate problem with corrupt characters, but even if that is beeing corrected, I still get the aanoying error:

1146 - Table 'shop_tribsen.TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

When I click on the NewsDesk link in the admin menu.

Anybody who knows what's wrong here?

The error occurs if you have placed the code lines:

// Begin newsdesk

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK', 'newsdesk.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION', 'newsdesk_configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS', 'newsdesk_reviews.php');

define('EDITOR_IMAGE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/newsdesk/html_editor/editor_images');

// End newsdesk

// Begin newsdesk

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK', 'newsdesk');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_description');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_TO_CATEGORIES', 'newsdesk_to_categories');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES', 'newsdesk_categories');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_categories_description');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION', 'newsdesk_configuration');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP', 'newsdesk_configuration_group');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS', 'newsdesk_reviews');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_reviews_description');

// End newsdesk

at the bottom of the file admin/application_top.php

because it will be included in a if-statement.

Move it up, and the problem disappears.

• 3 weeks later...

i have got the newsdesk to work but now a small problem....

on my index page it look good but when i click on read more the page look like

newsdesk.gif

to me it looks like the stylesheet defines are wrong or so??? never seen thies error before, anybody out there that can help ?

Kindest Regards

John

Ps. Great work Carsten !!!!!!!!!!

I have installed the newsdesk on my store but the test news does not show up

also when i go to add a test item i get this error

catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 918

line 918 is as follows in red

// copy image only if modified

$newsdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('newsdesk_image');

$newsdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('newsdesk_image_two');

$newsdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('newsdesk_image_three');

$image_directory = tep_get_local_path(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

I am not uploading any images and also tried uploading an image

any ideas appreciated

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Hi,

i have a few errors in the admin area!

Article Management

In Listing Settings,Frontpage Settings ,Reviews Settings and Sticky Settings

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/www/web44/html/avsbereich/catalog/admin/newsdesk_configuration.php on line 109

For Example in News Story in the catagory "Top" i can?t see any images and when i click on preview i get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /home/www/web44/html/avsbereich/catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 918

When I click (newsbox in my shop) for example on images i get this error:

select count(select pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_url, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as final_price from newsdesk_description pd, newsdesk p left join manufacturers m on p.newsdesk_id = m.manufacturers_id, newsdesk_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.newsdesk_id = s.products_id where p.newsdesk_status = \'1\' and p.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p2c.categories_id = \'1\' order by pd.newsdesk_article_name) as total

Hope, anyone can help :rolleyes:

Best Regards

espacio

I get the same exact error. How did you fit it?

Here is what I got:

select count(select pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_url, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_id, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_status, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as final_price from newsdesk_description pd, newsdesk p left join manufacturers m on p.newsdesk_id = m.manufacturers_id, newsdesk_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.newsdesk_id = s.products_id where p.newsdesk_status = \'1\' and p.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p2c.categories_id = \'2\' order by pd.newsdesk_article_name) as total